Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb Stealth Fitting
  • mcbikeface
    Free Member

Morning All,

After a battle I’ve decided my old reverb stealth is dead, and I’ve bought a new one (old one was out of warranty and never really worked great anyway).

Watching the SRAM videos and reading some forums, I’ve a few questions I’m hoping you might be able to help with.

How critical is it to use the crowsfoot on the torque wrench if you’re re-connecting the connectamajig? Cheapest I can find in nearly £30 for a one use tool. I’m fitting it to a Whyte T-130 and the frame holes are tight so it may come down to unthreading the remote if the connectamajig doesn’t fit through.

Lastly, what’s the best/cleanest technique for cutting the hydraulic cable when you trim it? The SRAM video shows some bespoke tool but anyone have any other ideas? Stanley knife? Scissors?

Thanks in advance,

M

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not stealth but when cutting the hose on my externally routed reverb I just used normal outer cable cutters. The end gets a little crushed, but it doesn’t hamper the insertion of the button barb. So works well.

5lab

as above, and i just nipped the connection thing up ‘pretty tight’, there’s no fluid coming out so I figured its ok

peteimpreza

I bought the hose cutting tool for less than a tenner off ebay.

Did not bother with a torque wrench to re-connect the connectamajig and all seems fine.

mcbikeface
    Free Member

Cheers for the answers and tips guys. Decided to remove the remote and use the red twin-barb to thread the hydraulic cable back through. Figured if I’m going to have to trim it anyway I might as well not bother using the connectamajig. Bought a cable cutter from a DIY place so hoping for a clean cut.

mcbikeface
    Free Member

Success! New post fitted and working like a dream, without needing a bleed!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Connectamajig has always appeared pointless to me since it won’t fit through any frame I own. Think it’s only purpose is so you can remove your post and send it off for warranty (which I’ve never had to do)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth Fitting’ is closed to new replies.