Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb Bleed
  • soobalias
    Free Member

saddle now has about 5mm of what i call comfort drop when you sit on it. Im going in!

just watched the SRAM tech instructions on youtube, looks horribly like the destructions for bleeding avid brakes.

bleed it here, bleed it there, 20 times to the left, back to the start, push it pull it twist it torq it.

Least its mineral oil rather than dot.

hints, tips, suggestions welcome, as are links to fit and forget 27.2 dropper posts (for the other bike)

I will be back.

kiddaclo
    Free Member

Have you checked the air pressure? I had this on a brand new one and the air was a bit low, topped it up and all sorted no drop.

soobalias
    Free Member

yeah, its 250 on two pumps

richmtb

Its not THAT bad.

double check the tightness of the barbs at both ends. If they aren’t spot on they let air in really easily.

Once you think you have bled it wiggle the remote around (tap it a few times too) and bleed some more.

hot_fiat

The reverb bleed is dead easy. Buy the proper kit if you’ve not got one & only use reverb oil. Takes all of 5 minutes, most of which is fiddling about dropping the little bleed screws on the garage floor as you fail to get the iddy-biddy wikkle thread caught.

Northwind

Yeah, simpler than bleeding brakes ime. The lever end especially.

soobalias
    Free Member

ok, agree, the bleed is petty simple. most trouble was moving the upside down remote to get the bleed screw at the top.

however just a little, rather obvious, word of caution in the hope it saves someone else from mucking about with two syringes in a cold dark shed….

if you have shortened the hose on your reverb…. such that you need to drop the saddle to allow you to remove the post from the frame…. dont forget to extend the post before checking the air pressure. whoops.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Just to be sure… You’re using 2.5wt to bleed the seat post and not mineral oil? Just something you said in your OP.

soobalias
    Free Member

i got fluid and bleed kit with the post – not sure why i thought it was mineral oil actually, but yeah 2.5wt, smells a bit of petrol?!?

karl1824
    Free Member

If your seatpost has some drop, it is IMO nothing to do with the actuation lever circuit which you propose to bleed, and only the Phnematic section. The hydraulic part simply allows the post to drop under pressure. You could cut your hydraulic hose in half and your seat wont drop. Post need the hydraulic pressure to drop, I assume by openeing some sort af internal valve.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Bleed’ is closed to new replies.