Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb AXS hard to depress
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Missus has just got her dream bike and it came with a Reverb AXS.

It feels quite hard to depress, almost like there’s too much air in it. Has anyone with this post experienced this and is there an easy fix?

I’ve seen the vent valve on the bottom, but I’m not sure if you can add air with it?

bruneep

might be too much pressure for her?

otsdr
    Free Member

Yes, the vent valve is where you can add/remove pressure. I have seen people use as little as 160psi in regular Reverbs (as opposed to the recommended 250).

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ah perfect, thanks!

I suspected it was under the vent valve, but got confused when I looked at her post. The cap on hers says “Vent Valve” rather than “250 PSI”.

Superficial
    Free Member

The vent valve is different isn’t it? I thought that was for releasing pressure that may accumulate on the wrong side of the IFP?

Think the pressure valve is somewhere else. Bottom of the post? I may well be wrong.

lardman
    Free Member

I think it’s quite admirable, being able to keep your chin up during these difficult times. Good on you AXS, keep smiling.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Could just need the hydraulic line bleeding,if there is air in it it may not be opening the internal valving as it should.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Well, we’ve been out for a ride and she said it seems fine when riding.

I’ll keep an eye on it, but it was working better than mine by the end of the ride!

haha @lardman I must have read that about 10 times before it clicked, bravo 😂

timbog160

Took me a while too, very clever…

lardman
    Free Member

Really? I thought it was probably a bit silly, but seeing as I was on STW, I thought “why not?”

Glad you liked it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb AXS hard to depress’ is closed to new replies.