Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb AXS battery/electronics issue?
  • twonks

Hardly the worlds biggest problem but, it’s enough to annoy me.

Had a Reverb AXS for just over a year thanks to an impulse purchase when funds were available.
    Only ridden the actual bike a few times since and the post worked perfectly as expected but…

… put the battery in it on Sunday and nothing – no lights, no response to the lever or iphone app.

Battery was fully charged and registering 8.2V but put it in the charger again on a different USB port (just in case). Charger LED turned to green about 4 minutes later, indicating full charge.

So I have a very expensive heavy rigid seatpost – doh.

I appreciate there is not really much I can do with it but, thought I’d ask in case anybody has had anything similar with the AXS kit?

edit, Have asked the shop I bought it from for their opinion too.

jimmy748

Did you move the bike about, they have an IMU and only switch on when movement is detected.

timbog160

2 years warranty if push comes to shove – but yes try moving the bike – that has caught me out before!

tomhoward

Have you pressed the AXS button on the seatpost? Anything? (With the battery in, obvs)

twonks

Yeh I found the have to move the bike a bit last time I thought it was duff.

Bikes been moved loads and I’ve got the lever and post off the bike now and have wafted them around, all to no avail.

I can see it having to go back, which is a pain but it’s no good not working.

EDIT. Tom, yes the button does nothing. No LED above it, no motor noise, nothing. Tried quick presses, long holds, double taps – all sorts and nothing.

Thought about rigging some form of jump lead to the pins just to make sure it is making contact when I plug the battery in but I can’t see how it isn’t. It is all as good as new cosmetically. Don’t think it’s even seen any water or rain since I got it.

DickBarton

You have pressed the AXS button on the seatpost to also waken it up? Moving it around tends to do the same, but if not, the button push ‘should’ (more likely could) sort it…

teethgrinder

New CR2032? I seem to recall some one had a similar issue on the gears and a new button cell fixed it. Make sure it is a new, new one though. Not one that’s been on the shelf or in a drawer for ages.

jimmy748

The post button should put it into service mode regardless of a remote, so I’d say it’s broken.

binman

Can you try a different motor battery ?

twonks

Thanks everybody.

Put a new battery in the remote initially as I thought that could be the culprit. No difference.

Haven’t got another main battery and don’t really want to spend £50 to prove the point when I’ve only got the reverb axs. Might do though.

It is looking like it’s stuffed. Bit odd as it worked fine in the house last week. Not been for a ride since but, always take the battery off before storing the bike so I guess something could have gone pop electrically when reconnecting it.

No reply from the shop yet. Will give them 24 hours as it is abroad.

That’ll teach me to save £200 on UK’s pricing isn’t always a good thing 🤦

DickBarton

Where are you based? Anyone local able to lend you another battery to try that?

twonks

I’m in Leicester. Bit of an odd request although I’d appreciate it of course.

Hadn’t thought to ask tbh. Could take the post into a dealer I suppose, if there is one close ish. Least there’s no nasty oil to mess about with – not yet anyway.

timbog160

Surely SRAM only need it to go to the dealer for basic fault finding which could be done anywhere? I can imagine a local retailer might charge but I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

Another battery worth a try but hard to see what it would achieve if you’ve already confirmed battery has voltage and contacts are good.

twonks

Yeh agreed. I’ll investigate a bit more into local ish dealers.

Just had another look at it and there is something loose in the head of the post, where all the workings are.

So tempting to take it apart as I work with small motors and drives, but I also value money and can’t afford another one just at the moment.

timbog160

Just put a meter across one of my spare batts. Charged but has sat for a while and that was 7.9v, so your batt sounds healthy. Looks like you might have just been unlucky. I wouldn’t be taking it apart while it still has warranty!

twonks

Half time follow up to the story.

Zyro Fisher Sram repair centre ended up being the only people to initially respond to my calls for help. They were excellent although limited in what they could do for me directly being an end user.

Still, they suggested I contact a local dealer whom (although they are not obliged to) generally help and organise the return.

This I did and took the post into my local independent store. A nominal fee for them to handle the paperwork and I got a call this morning to say a new post is on order from Taiwan. Expected to be with me around the 10th June.

The original shop (Bike24) did reply after a week and offered to pay all the costs to return it, so can’t gripe at them, just by that time I had already taken it in and didn’t have to worry about the sending batteries abroad myself.

So hopefully it’s looking like a good outcome all in all. We’ll see what the 10th June onwards brings.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb AXS battery/electronics issue?’ is closed to new replies.