Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • retro Judy SL circa ’97
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

got some Judy SL forks from the neighbors garage on my rat bike

they are dark blue, have bolt on crown and red adjusters on top of each leg

I think this makes them a ’97 vintage but not sure.

anyway, what was inside em? they are permanently compressed and the top adjusters do nothing. i’m guessing elastomers have shrunk or something. it’d be nice to get them running again (they even came with an unused tub of judy butter 🙂 )

Dibbs
    Free Member

My 97 SL’s where Yellow, I thought they all were, come to think of it they may have been 96’s or even 95’s.

NewRetroTom

That’s not Retro, it’s old!
    I should know.
    Retro means new, but in the style of something old.

I’ve got some ’96 judy xc’s which are champagne coloured. Sweet forks they were, back in the day!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I just did some checkingHere, and it turns out that mine where 95’s and when they wore out (after about five minutes) they where changed under warranty (several times) for 96’s (with the press fit stanchions).

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

well I’ve pulled them apart and all there seems to be in them is 3 very decayed elastomers, each about an inch long (two black and one red per side)

i have a suspicious feeling these are RSTs with rockshox stickers on them. the judy sl cartridge tickers seem to be pretty well stuck on though

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

having said that, all i can actually get off is the plastic top caps and the two allen head bolts at the bottom, the stantions will not come out of the lowers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘retro Judy SL circa ’97’ is closed to new replies.