Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement Rockshox Maxle
  • wors

Are there alternatives? The splines that engage the lever to tighten/ undo must be made of cheese!

Northwind

The stealth (bolt-in) replacement from Rockshox works great. THere are some other bolt-ins available too. I can’t say I’ve ever missed the lever- every time I want to take a wheel out, I have tools to hand

dhrider
    Free Member

Brand-X have a range on CRC depending on what length / thread pitch you need.

swanny853

I just bought a brand x one for my cross bike- same thread as RockShox so tried it there too. Seems perfectly functional, has me thinking about another.

joebristol

You do need to be a bit careful with the stealth ones – I manage to round one out and I wouldn’t class myself as that ham fisted. I religiously use a torque wrench now to tighten it towards the lower end of the torque scale printed on it.

They are better than the original maxles though with the lip that’s easy to round off / bend in a lot of people’s experience (I’ve not had that issue though).

honourablegeorge

Burgtec ones can be unscrewed from either side. Lots of colours.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I think oneup have just released some stealth maxles too.

Northwind

joebristol
    Subscriber

They are better than the original maxles though with the lip that’s easy to round off / bend in a lot of people’s experience (I’ve not had that issue though).

Basically the old maxle was fairly easy to damage through carelessness, so they replaced it with a new design that just breaks through fatigue instead. Yay!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Rockshox Maxle’ is closed to new replies.