Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Repairing Osprey hydration bladder
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to successfully repair a osprey hydration bladder? I have a relatively new one that has developed a hole from something in the bag and I’m struggling to find a way to repair it.

Alternatively, does anyone know what plastic it is made out of? That would help identify a suitable adhesive system.

nowthen
    Free Member

I got a hole in a Camelbak bladder years ago and stuck a piece of helicopter tape over it… it never came off and worked fine for ages until I eventually changed Camelbak and got a new bladder..

reeksy

Yep – i put tape over a hole in a Source bag 10 years ago and it hasn’t leaked yet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used a park glueless patch on a camelbak bladder back in 2007 while on holiday in the Alps. It was all that was available.

Still watertight to this day. In fact, those glueless patches work more reliably on bladders than they ever did on tubes.

coynie09
    Free Member

Glueless patch on a Camelbak bladder as well never had a problem

pinch_flat
    Free Member

I’ll try a glue less patch but standard tapes don’t stick well to the plastic used for these bladders

tabletop2
    Free Member

Osprey warranty is really very good so could allways ask if they would repair it?

I emailed them about some buckles that had snapped off a 10 year old osprey bag, they were not generic so couldn’t just buy ones online. I was fully expecting to pay for them but they appeared in the post a few days later

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Already tried Osprey and they won’t repair or warranty their bladders unless it’s something like a seam that splits.

BadlyWiredDog

Osprey bladders are manufactured by Hydrapack I think and made of TPU:

https://hydrapak.com/pages/technology

Edit: definitely Hydrapack, the reservoir from my Osprey lumbar pack has Hydrapack printed on it.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I have yet to find anything that Aquasure doesn’t stick to, and it’s very tough. It’s a urethane formulation so might well be compatible if the bladder is TPU. I just put a dab of it over the hole and leave it to cure. If it’s a big hole, I’ll put a bit of tape on the back face first.

z1ppy

Contact Hydra-pack they been really helpful, when my connectors break and I ask (to pay) for a replacement, as it’s donkies years old now.

PS: I tried unsuccessfully to repair a camelbak, puncture patches and or superglue don’t work…

oreetmon
    Free Member

I put an anchovy and some stans in mine, pumped it up and gave it a shake, worked fine.

Tasted like shit though.

yoshimi

I used a park glueless patch on a camelbak bladder back in 2007 while on holiday in the Alps. It was all that was available.

Still watertight to this day. In fact, those glueless patches work more reliably on bladders than they ever did on tubes.

This

jairaj

Contact Hydra-pack they been really helpful, when my connectors break and I ask (to pay) for a replacement, as it’s donkies years old now.

Similar experience for me too. I emailed them about where I could buy some new mouth pieces for my ancient bladder and they kindly stuck some spares in the post for free.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Repairing Osprey hydration bladder’ is closed to new replies.