Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Removing spray paint from stone wall
  • scotroutes

What is the best product / method for removing graffiti off an old stone building?

sweepy
    Free Member

No advice to give but I assume you are planning to remove the graffiti from Ryvoan- Well done you! what kind of dick does that anyway?

If you weren’t planning that but find something that works, let me know what it is 🙂

scotroutes

Ha. You guessed! I avoided sharing a photo of it as dicks like that don’t need the publicity.

tewit
    Free Member

I used nail varnish remover on my wife’s car. Brought the graffiti off ok.

frankconway

Can’t advise on product/method but you could contact local council for suggestions as it’s something they (probably) deal with regularly.

footflaps

Our local council use a jet wash with glass pellets in it. Gets the graffiti off but leaves a huge pile of waste abrasive behind.

escrs
    Free Member

Pressure washer should get it off just be careful you don’t damage the wall with the water’s pressure, other than that paint stripper will work, just leave for an hour or two then wash off

sweepy
    Free Member

You’re going to need a hell of an extension lead

Phil_H

Our eatates department use a pressure washer with a dirtblaster nozzle to remove graffiti from brickwork.
    Not much use somewhere without power or water though.

scotroutes

Aye. Nae power nearby. Jet wash etc isn’t an option so looking like some kind of paint stripper and a fee trips back and forth for water.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I’ve used DOT4 brake fluid to clean off spray paint. Depending who you believe, it’s low toxicity and water soluble or poisonous to everything – it might depend on what additives are in it.

Gunz
    Free Member

I reckon for rough stone, away from power and water, then a wire brush and elbow grease is your only option.

timbog160

Brake cleaner, cellulose thinners, white spirit or chlorinated rubber thinners, combined with a stiff brush and elbow grease should all do the trick I imagine…

Houns

As you can’t spray it off the most environmentally friendly option is to paint over it

scotroutes

Somebody beat me to it by taking a trip up today. Big shout out to the guys at the Pine Marten Bar and Scran.

canna
    Free Member

Well done to who ever cleaned it up

CountZero

👍🏼

maccruiskeen

Our local council use a jet wash with glass pellets in it. Gets the graffiti off but leaves a huge pile of waste abrasive behind.

My local council do that – a combination of lovely soft local sandstone and user error means the graffiti that was painted on the war memorial is now carved into the stone

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Removing spray paint from stone wall’ is closed to new replies.