Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Removing oil from a Gabba
  • rascal
    Free Member

Got shitty chain oil all over back of bright green Castelli Gabba yesterday (in back of car) – any proven tips on removing without damaging the material itself? I know it’s my own fault by owning some roadie gear 😉

StuF

What about neat fairy liquid rubbed into the dirty area – that usually shifts most oil based stains.

Or failing that Swarfega? Not sure what that would do the material

JoB
    Free Member

Assos Active Wear Cleanser is very good at removing oil stains without destroying the fabric

apply neat and rub against itself

mrb123
    Free Member

Plus one for neat washing up liquid.

lunge

WD40. Well, it worked on my carpet and also on a pair of chinos, I don’t see any reason why it won’t work on a Gabba.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

https://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/323/5050375087323/IDShot_540x540.jpg

Water soluble, removing oil and grease from all my garment. And kitchen… And carpet 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

scruff9252

Well tickle me giblets! I’ve got a green softshell that found itself intangled in my deraileur in the back of the car a couple years ag and riddled in oil marks. Tried all sorts to get it out previously. Saw that post there about elbow grease & knew I had some under the sink.

It’s only gone an got pretty much all the bloody oil out. Thats right made my day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Swarfega works for me.

Gutted that I can’t now ask new young staff to go to the shop for some elbow grease…

bforbertie

Have tried Muc-Off or similar bike degreaser with success, though I’m sure not officially sanctioned and I accept no liability for damage to your Gabba, but it worked for me!

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Well tickle me giblets!

😀 😀 😀

I love such a Random Linguistic Englishes.

You are utmost welcome Sir.

Cheers!
    I.

sarawak
    Free Member

White spirit?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nope

rascal
    Free Member

Scruff – what did you do?
    Just rub it in or spray it on then check it in the washing machine (I’ll be using Nikwax Teck Wash)?
    If it works I’ll be tickling yours and Ivan’s giblets 😉

scruff9252

Sprayed it directly onto the oil stain then rubbed the fabric together. This then frothed up lifting the stain out the fabric.

Quick wash through the machine and it’s all been removed. I’ve tried several potions to remove the stains in the past but nowt has worked before.

rascal
    Free Member

Shitty oil all gone using Elbow Grease then Tech Wash in washing machine.
    Amazing stuff – well worth having for such emergencies – costs less than a quid too!

IvanMTB
    Free Member

And what about my giblets tickling?

tickle

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Removing oil from a Gabba’ is closed to new replies.