Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Removing black chain shiz… From a car headliner…
  • submarined
    Free Member

Yeah, it was me, and yup, it was my wife’s car. Hooray.

Any tips/products? I’ve blotted, then tried a baby wipe. That certainly didn’t help. :/

perchypanther
    Free Member

New patio?

submarined
    Free Member

That wouldn’t help with maximising value for the imminent sale of said car, and subsequent arrival of replacement. Which appears to have been chosen so there’s not even a chance of a bike ever fitting in it ever. She’s a crafty one.

Kahurangi

Carpet cleaner, worked well in our car. In the past I’ve used 1001, Vanish, and Sainsburys is respectable.

Tiger6791

Car Brake cleaner on a rag (test somewhere 1st as it also removes dye)

lesgrandepotato

Buy cars with a black headliner

jimjam
    Free Member

Diesel.

dashed
    Free Member

I had some autoglym interior car shampoo / upholstery cleaner that worked well under similar circumstances – white bottle, spray straight onto the stain… Mop a few minutes later.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

GT85 tends to work and smells nice

Test first though! And it’s dabbing off not rubbing in!

fossy

WD40 also

aazlad
    Free Member

Lighter fluid…no need for a match!

I suppose its works like GT85 and diesel without the odour.   Good luck.

trail_rat
    Free Member

white lightening clean streak always did it for me when i had a stupid car that didnt take full bikes.

sundaywobbler

WD40

The mechanics trick of choice when they may have forgotten to install seat covers etc.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve been there but not bike chain oil. Don’r rub, but dab. If you rub you’ll mess up the pile, or whatever, and even if you get the oil out you’ll dee where you’ve attacked it as it will be a noticeable patch that is roughed up.

jonba
    Free Member

soap is effective at removing grease. lots of soap, lots of water but don’t spread it around. Worked for me cleaning up a car I was selling.

onandon
    Free Member

Worked for me when I did it.

submarined
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Handily,my wife works at s car manufacturer with a ‘press fleet’. A bottle of wine later, and someone with a lot of knowledge of removing marks from upholstery had basically applied most of the above, and it’s very, very faint now!

We’ve been advised to work a bit more cleaner into the pile with a toothbrush, then try to blend the area, but to be honest, it’s pretty much gone now!

Thanks loads for the advice 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Removing black chain shiz… From a car headliner…’ is closed to new replies.