Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Remote IT support of parent’s iPhone
  • sgn23
    Free Member

My mum lives away and is having a few problems with her iPhone and asks me for help as I know a bit about tech. I really need to be able to see her phone screen to avoid total frustration on both our parts! Can anyone recommend some software to allow me to see the Iphone screen from my PC? Preferably free or cheap for personal use. I’m not bothered about remote control, just need to be able to see the screen.

I’ve researched Splashtop On-demand Support SOS, which seems to do this, but it’s $17/mo for a year as the Personal version doesn’t include IOS.
    Teamviewer and Logmein also seem to have the capability, but their plans are aimed at corporate users so aren’t cheap.
    Are there any other services out there I haven’t come across, or do you have any experience of using these tools?

davy-g
    Free Member

Have a shufty at “Teamviewer”
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/ios/

mashr

Get one of her mates (or whoever) round, facetime said other person whilst they point their phone at your mums screen?

Sandwich

Are you running a Mac at home OP? If so use the server app as this has robust mobile device management. (About the only thing the server does now).

mattyfez

Team viewer

Cougar

AFAIK, Team Viewer is free for the desktop, but their mobile (server) app is hella expensive.

matt_outandabout

I’ve basically got my father to give up on normal smart phones (various motoG for years).

He has moved to a Doro and is much happier, plus doesn’t keep messing the settings up as much…

gregburnham

What Mac app is this? @Sandwich

gregburnham

sorry, I’m having a mare trying to reply!

fossy

Had this issue with MIL, but usually the TV/SKY.

Resolved one situation using the ‘nanny cam’. Phone call, come round now, TV not working. Me, I’m full of the flu, as I’m in bed, and I don’t want you to catch it’. 10 minutes Later, another call. My carer is here tell her what to do. Carer now in a panic, me feeling even more poorly. Carer not got a clue, suggested un-plugging it. Carer didn’t know where to look (TV plugged into accessible extension lead so we could reach plug).

Logged into ‘IP Camera’ on my phone, and said see that extension cable on the floor, with one plug connected, un-plug it, and plug back in. TV then worked fine.

PS don’t get me started on SKY issues and pressing the HDMI button…. we finally persuaded her to ditch SKY when I asked why she hadn’t used SKY for months, she said she used it every day. I said, well which controller do you use’ – This one pointing to the TV remote. What about this one (dust covered Sky remote) – nope she said. Well you haven’t been using Sky for months, maybe we should cancel it and save you £50 a month. No she said. Phone call when I got home – Cancel Sky…

Get her a dumb phone and maybe a tablet if she want’s facebook etc.

davy-g
    Free Member

Teamviewer is FREE for home use…

mattyfez

I’ve used Teamviewer to control my nans pc from my android mobile phone before.. Bit fiddly but it works.

Not tried connecting to a mobile device..

mattyfez

Specifically an iPhone? I can connect to her android tablet ok as well but I think I’ve only tried that from a proper PC.

Sandwich

@gregburnham The Mac OSServer App. A whole £20 for mobile device management on your apple desktop of choice.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

RealVNC is worth a look – free plans are available for private use and it may include the iOS version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Remote IT support of parent’s iPhone’ is closed to new replies.