Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Remember when you could see into shops?
  • kayak23

Now, seemingly all ‘convenience stores’ are just one enormous, garish, hideous advertising hoarding.

I miss being able to see into and indeed out of these shops.

Just saying like. 👍

joshvegas
    Free Member

I miss yellow cellophane covered windows…

To be fair though I can’t think of a convenience shop I’ve ever been able to see into. It was always either mesh/the backs of shelves or news paper branding

russl
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve been noticing this too the last few days. I don’t think it looks very nice.

BigJohn

There’s an old-fashioned tailors and drapers shop in Dolgellau that still has yellow cellophane in the windows. I nipped in last year when we went to CyB and I forgot to bring socks.

sharkattack

I miss yellow cellophane covered windows…

One of my favourite bars in Newcastle had this. It used to make the grimmest days feel like a sunny afternoon.

I’m tempted to do my whole house now.

swedishmetal
    Free Member

To be fair some of the big retailers seem to do shops you can see in – CoOp, sainsburys do around us, Tesco not so much.

Drac

Yes I recall it seems just like this morning. Oh wait it was.

tthew

I commented on this very thing when I was half heartedly trailing my missis round New Look yesterday. This shop has quite a low ceiling too, felt very clostrophobic.

MoreCashThanDash

I find clothes shipping with the wife feels claustrophobic wherever we are, to be fair

CountZero

It’s been a very long time since I can remember a local convenience store that you could see into, because they either had a stack of shelves outside with produce on, or windows covered with adverts for fags or tabloid newspapers.

slackalice
    Free Member

I miss the reflection of myself. I’m not sure I exist anymore.

stgeorge

I miss the reflection of myself

You are a vampire and I claim my £5

BillMC

I was shocked to see how the shops in Chorlton have changed in the last 3 years, the garish all over signs have completely impoverished the look of the place. Not sure if you’d want to see in though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Remember when you could see into shops?’ is closed to new replies.