Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rehook chain tool.
  • lotto
    Free Member

The wife wasn’t even sure what it was. Just went into my local bike shop and picked a few things up for my birthday. I had heard of it but was extremely skeptical. Used it tonight for the first time and I must say it was nice putting a chain on and not being left covered in filth. It should be incorporated into a multi tool or tyre lever though rather than a stand alone tool. Nice idea.

Works like this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or just use a stick.

scotroutes

On Dragons Den this week apparently.

phil5556

This looks like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. I can get a chain on in a couple of seconds with mucky fingers. And I can’t remember the last time I dropped a chain since going 1x anyway.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Another piece of pointless plastic.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah. Use a stick, or an allen key. Or just a finger, it gets minimally dirty.

phil5556

Oops

I can get a chain on in a couple of seconds *without getting mucky fingers.

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

nofx
    Free Member

I get the chain back on the front ring’s by shunting it onto the outer ring with the front derailleur & peddling carefully.

whitestone
    Free Member

My Park Tool tyre levers have a hook at the non-blade end to let you hook onto a spoke. Pretty sure that’ll do the job just as easily and I already carry two of them.

If your front and rear mechs are correctly set up then just how often does your chain come off? My MTBs are all 1x and I’ve not had a single instance of chain drop.

As @phil5556 notes, a solution in search of a problem.

MoreCashThanDash

Not an item I’d bother buying, but having led on a lot of beginner’s rides and events over the last couple of years, I can see a market there of people who don’t ride that often, don’t maintain or clean bikes that often, and who seem to drop chains way more than I do.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I got given one a year or so ago. If my commuter wasn’t a singlespeed it would be useful there, but I wouldn’t bother packing it on the road bike or mtb.

kayak23

I hate bicycling accessories…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rehook chain tool.’ is closed to new replies.