• This topic has 572 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 573 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • mahalo

yeah, its ok shooting an animal as it legs it past, but slowly tracking the bastard is boring. as is searching for a particular creature for hours on end, as is the fishing… but as mentioned the game doesnt force you to do this stuff…

cba collecting all the fag packets either – but crafting is a p.o.p if you already have the gear in your handbag. the explosive bullets and fire arrows are great fun!!

Drac

then headed back to the camp and very quickly realised I can’t stand monotonous crafting/hunting/collecting games

It’s not really a necessity to do any of that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, I basically skipped loads of the hunter gather stuff, plants were easy to find to make more magic reviver and you can get loads by looting the unfortunates anyway. Food is just a quick way to revive, and sleep is just when you want a break from the game.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve discovered dual Mausers with express ammo can create a wonderful mess of O’Driscol’s, Murfees and other ne’er-do-wells.

junglistjut
    Free Member

Really want that double action revolver, turns out you need to do stuff in GTA online to unlock it in Red Dead :/

I’m astounded

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nope I have it already (though I’ve finished the story, can’t remember what unlocked it though) just head down any gun store, prefer the automatic pistol and sawn off these days though when I’m not roaming with the reloading shotgun

junglistjut
    Free Member

It’s locked in the shop.

Did you play GTA online ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nope, just kept playing through the game and it became available

junglistjut
    Free Member

Really ? I hope so

akira

Anyone on the online stuff yet, don’t think i can get on till tomorrow. Reports seem to indicate its a bit chaotic and if you try and do anything there are players camped out just shooting everybody they see making it less than fun.

Cougar

It was ever thus.  I’m amazed the servers aren’t on their arse.  I’d give it a couple of weeks till the novelty wears off.

Can you play private games online or is it MMO territory?  I’m considerably less interested in playing with a bunch of random cretins and 14-year old boys high on Monster.

akira

Not sure as its just beta currently so things may change for full release, dont mind some horseplay but if you cant roam around without constantly worrying about getting shot by scrotes then it’ll be a bit sucky. I don’t remember the first one being too bad for randoms being dicks. Although obviously shooting your mates horse was always funny.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but if you cant roam around without constantly worrying about getting shot by scrotes then it’ll be a bit sucky.

Having read some of the posts in here I know who I’m most worried about!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone on the online stuff yet, don’t think i can get on till tomorrow. Reports seem to indicate its a bit chaotic and if you try and do anything there are players camped out just shooting everybody they see making it less than fun.

Not yet, I hated GTA online, open world is a nightmare of ‘greifing’ and the general hell of other people and missions were boring and repetitive grindfests to earn a tiny amount of virtual currency to buy the latest reskinned car or gun.

R* have said it’s all different with RDR, there’s not much point killing other players (but of course that the only thing people want to do) and its supposed to be like the main game only with other players, but I’ve read that it’s like Fortnite without winners.

Cougar

I’ve read that it’s like Fortnite without winners.

So, it’s like Fortnite then? (-:

Drac

Oooooh I can play online now.

Drac

Had a quick play. Has potential plays almost the same as the main game, there’s a few griefers but not bad and shooting them puts an end to it. Join a posse for more protection.

akira

We can organise stw posse I guess. I’m ChokoMoroko.

Cougar

I assume we need declare Team Blue / Team Green also?

rene59
    Free Member

Finished the story, really enjoyed it. Don’t know yet if I will do the online stuff, I made a character and had a look around. Maybe revisit it in a week or so after a break.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Really enjoying wandering round the map going to all the small buildings and high points and forested areas I haven’t been etc. find loads  of cool stuff. Meteors!

Drac

How is everyone getting on with online now?

I’m still enjoying it but making cash is low, killing other players in comedy ways is funny though.

geex
    Free Member

Finally tried online the other night. One hour in and still not actually playing, unless you can call being babied through the controls and watching dull cut scenes “playing”. so gave up on it entirely.
    I just don’t have the attention span or care enough to wait an hour to play any game… especially a dull one where you control a **** horse

#2600Generation

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How is everyone getting on with online now?

Stole my first horse which ended up with my killing most of the bad guys as one of the group gave up and the other ran off to the stable. Going to give it a bit more of a go later

windyg
    Free Member

The online is good if you have a posse, on your own you just battered, tired Battle Royale mode that was good fun, King of the Castle was just carnage. Doing the missions co-op is good fun other than my mate seemingly starting a war with everything

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Quick question for the parents who play this game. Is this suitable for a 13 year old? My son is banging on about wanting it for Christmas. He’s a sensible lad and game time is strictly limited.

Cheers.

robbo1234biking

@Sqwubbsy – I played worse (moral) games at 13 I would have thought. there is obviously violence and shooting of people etc but I haven’t come across anything that I would consider too bad yet (in a gaming context obviously not in a normal real life situation).

Is there a way to get your stats on the game? Normally on Rockstar games you get a summary screen with time played, miles walked, miles ridden etc but I haven’t been able to find it yet.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo. Kinda what I was thinking.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I havent played online yet as we are waiting for Fibre installation at our house. looking forward to it!

I’d agree with Robbo there. It is violent, you can basically kill anything that moves. But in general, the characters treat each other pretty well!

akira

There is some fruity language and you can graphically blow someone’s head off with a shotgun. If anyone wants I’m ChokoMoroko, keep on getting shot while picking flowers in the online….

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thanks folks. He’ll be a happy lad come Christmas.

julians
    Free Member

It’s violent, and bloody, there’s is a fair amount of swearing, and one sex scene so far ( in the drinking with Lenny mission, if you wander into one of the rooms in the brothel you come across a bloke being ridden by one of the ladies, full nakedness etc) I’d say not at all suitable for a 13 year old……but YMMV.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If anyone wants I’m ChokoMoroko, keep on getting shot while picking flowers in the online….

Happy to oblige, I haven’t got the shotgun yet so you might have sto stand still a bit longer while I reload…..

robbo1234biking

@julians I know what you mean but I guess it depends on the 13 year old. At that age I had seen films like predator, die hard the fly and played games like duke nukem, soldier of fortune etc. Tough to make a call I guess but it is an individual parents decision – we can only advise what the content is.

Drac

keep on getting shot while picking flowers in the online….

Can’t be me as I’ll just run you over with my horse.

wukfit
    Free Member

I’ve only been shot at twice online I think, my preferred counter attack is to lasso them and drag them along the road until I get bored

played a Bows only battle royal which was alright, problem was when it ended there were 20ish players in the same spot which is when the real carnage started

the main online story has stopped at 75% so am doing side missions until it hopefully continues, annoying this is that I’m only at level 10 so limited to what weapons I can buy

akira

Might stop picking flowers.

Drac

Find spots away from the main towns and you can flower arrange in peace.

rene59
    Free Member

The online part of the game seems to be designed to extract as much real cash from you as it can. Compared to the main story everything is more expensive and you only get a few cents online where you would expect to get a few dollars in the main story, e.g. like if you rob someone.

Will give it one more go but if it is going to take a couple of weeks play just to buy one decent weapon then I’ll chuck it.

akira

I think if you’re on PS4 then you can get free pistol from fence at thief’s landing.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ is closed to new replies.