• This topic has 572 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 573 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • mahalo

washed up on a caribbean island last night!! The local lawmen are very unpleasant but fortunately the oppressed native savages seem to be on my side…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

why doesn’t the person who you have hog tied react when the dead members of their family are piled up in front of them and torched using a molotov? asking for a friend

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I guess they are just tougher than you!

Also for a friend, anyone had the bottle shooting competition? I keep losing even when using shotguns, but I could shoot him faster than he can react though.

But last chapter is on me now, a little dusty in here now, some side quests are happening but kind of want to get the story arc moving along, does feel like a good film or TV drama at the moment

P-Jay
    Free Member

So, as someone that loves the GTA franchise, but prefers cars and speed to horses and olde nostalgia, is RDR2 worth buying a console for?

Yes, I’m a huge R* fan and rarely buy any other games (I like a bit of Far Cry too).

But… it’s not GTA on Horses, Like Cougar says, it’s, and I hate to say this an ‘experience’ you need to enjoy the journey because you rarely get somewhere without at least one little incident on the way, usually a few. A single mission can take an hour and turn into adventure. If that’s not for you it’ll be a frustrating case of whipping your horse half to death as you tear about the massive map trying to get to the next thing and get pissed off because the Lemony Ravers have ambushed you again.

akira

Anyone else incapable of resisting when you see a plume of black smoke in the distance?

windyg
    Free Member

I am really not getting far in the story, i head off with the plan of doing something and then end up on killing rampage or playing poker for way too long.

Some of the random deaths are funny 2 guys on horses coming at me first one jumps off starts shooting at my 2nd guy runs him down and kills him 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what do i get for being honorable?

is it better than the satisfaction of shitting someone in the face and then dynamiting their horse? again , for a friend.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keeps the shop prices down, and if you are playing the story not having to pile up 50 bodies to cross a map before waking up after the bounty hunters find you again.

Spoiler potential question here

After the end of chapter 6 can I finish the side quests?

bob_summers

satisfaction of shitting someone in the face

Is that why it’s an 18?

P-Jay
    Free Member

what do i get for being honorable?

is it better than the satisfaction of shitting someone in the face and then dynamiting their horse? again , for a friend.

Alters the ending a bit in some cases, and supposedly the weather , dunno about that one.

rene59
    Free Member

Save being honorable for real life man, go have some fun!

Drac

Keeps the shop prices down,

Yeah I’ve around $24k so killing sprees and bad guy choices for me.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I liked RDR1 and liked GTA5 the first time through

Once I completed them I never really enjoyed them anymore

Waiting for the price to come down on RDR2

mahalo

Apparently you can fashion outfits with items from the store & trapper to make Arthur look like Hans Solo or Woody from Toy Story! That’s tonight’s mission…

mahalo

Decided to cool off the missions for a bit and do some hunting to upgrade my satchel and blow up a few Klansmen.

bloody hell its harder than you think! how the hell do you get a perfect pelt!?? was hunting badgers for aaaages, spotted 3. bagged 1 good pelt and two poor, i used the bow on one and the varmint rifle ont others.

rene59
    Free Member

Took me a while to figure this out. Each animal you look at will have a star rating from 1 to 3. Only 3 star animals will give you a perfect pelt, but only if you kill them in a certain way. Study the animal and it will give you the ideal weapon for killing them. E.g. bow, varmint rifle, etc. Now make sure if you want a perfect pelt you use that weapon and get a clean kill through the head or heart. If you use dead eye it will show in red areas to target for this. What happens to the animal after you kill it can also reduce the quality of the pelt. For example if you shoot a ram and it falls down a rocky hillside then that could mess up it’s pelt. Takes a bit of practice but you will get there. Main thing is just get used to only looking for 3 star animals.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

love finding treasure maps in random places..mining town discovered last night and  a new gang. just amazing !

Drac

Rene has it.

I have not been on for over a week due to family issues so looking forward to tomorrow for some carnage.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Assaulted the Cave last night – they are NOT nice people, took a lot of pleasure from gunning them down.

chomp
    Free Member

there’s a trinket you can get the trapper to craft (from the legendary Buck i think) whcih increases the likelyhood of getting better pelts.  You still can’t get pristine/perfect from anything that’s showing as only good/poor but you have less chance of it having holes in it from your weapon of choice

Cougar

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I might have to get out hunting again, got the Buck and I think a wascally wabbit is next on my list, pausing the main mission for a while, might need to go robbing though, which is a shame as I got quite a lot of redemption. Should also go fishing with that one legged guy

rene59
    Free Member

I’ve not done much of the main story since starting chapter 4, been caught up clearing out gang hideouts, doing hunting and fishing challenges and generally dicking about. Favorite thing just now is getting on the roof of a building and shooting everything that moves and seeing how long I can survive. Bank roof in Rhodes has been good for me so far.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I tried to keep going on the side stuff but ended up riding off to Tahiti with the boys 😉

pondo

Fed up of reading all the fun you lot are having, PS4 Pro and RDR2 impulse-bought and on the way… 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

impulse-bought and on the way…

I nearly bought one last night when I saw a deal at £199.95 for the bundle (for the slim with RDR2). Can’t find it again today though – it’s £219.95 everywhere.

Drac

Shopto Johndoh but it expired.

johndoh
    Free Member

@Drac – yeah that’s the one. I mentioned it to my wife and she said go for it too! DOH!

Cougar

Should also go fishing with that one legged guy

You’d be better off using a rod.

mahalo

Whats your Arthur been up to over the weekend?

i am the business end now it seems. Arthurs is losing faith in Dutch…  he’s also got TB!?

robbo1234biking

I am into Saint Denis so Chapter 4. mrs is out at some Xmas dos this week so should give me extra time!

Currently he is going for a hipster look with a big beard!

stcolin
    Free Member

Just treated myself to an Xbox One X. Not usually one for these types of games (normally sim racing on the PC), but this is tempting. I’m crap at following stories and RP games in general. Will I get bored, or will it pull me in?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Writing Spoilers!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

i am the business end now it seems. Arthurs is losing faith in Dutch…  he’s also got TB!?

I’m about the same, tbh he’s looking pretty rough so I’m pushing through the story,. looking forward to completing it and doing a lot of free roaming, doing the side missions, crafting, etc.

geex
    Free Member

Bought this on day one. Got on a train early on in chapter 2 and visited all the places the story probably takes you to and messed about for a good few days freeroaming before ever following the story. then headed back to the camp and very quickly realised I can’t stand monotonous crafting/hunting/collecting games and haven’t gone back to the game again since.
    A friend did pretty much the opposite and only followed the story without being sidetracked and finished it in (I think) 2 days

Can’t really see me enjoying Online multiplayer much more unless they let me (just me) have my garage from GTAV

akira

A stw group wouldnt get anywhere, there would just be arguing about which horse was best. Didn’t play it until a few days after it came out so I have to wait until Thursday to play online.

myti
    Free Member

How do you tell if an animal is perfect before you hunt it? I’m taking my time on this game and only in chapter 2 so I’m on a hunting mission later for some kit upgrades.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>rene59
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Took me a while to figure this out. Each animal you look at will have a star rating from 1 to 3. Only 3 star animals will give you a perfect pelt, but only if you kill them in a certain way. Study the animal and it will give you the ideal weapon for killing them. E.g. bow, varmint rifle, etc. Now make sure if you want a perfect pelt you use that weapon and get a clean kill through the head or heart. If you use dead eye it will show in red areas to target for this. What happens to the animal after you kill it can also reduce the quality of the pelt. For example if you shoot a ram and it falls down a rocky hillside then that could mess up it’s pelt. Takes a bit of practice but you will get there. Main thing is just get used to only looking for 3 star animals.

</div>

julians
    Free Member

then headed back to the camp and very quickly realised I can’t stand monotonous crafting/hunting/collecting games and haven’t gone back to the game again since.

yep, agree about the RPG stuff, but the main story missions are pretty good so far, and it doesnt seem to force you to do all the boring RPG type stuff, which is good thing.

I’m still in chapter 2, but I dont really have much drive to carry on with it. I’ll continue to dip into it every now and again I guess.

Its definitely game of the year material, possible even game of the decade, a technical masterpiece, but I still dont feel much desire to play it. Probably says more about me than RDR2

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ is closed to new replies.