Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Recommended me a… washing machine
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Yaaaaawn!!

Current one is going to give up the ghost pretty soon so I’d best sort a new one before I have to deal with a dead machine full of water in the upstairs of a split-level flat.

Obvs. I’d like to pay as little as poss. for it, but is a spendy Miele type affair going to be more sensible long-term than a cheapo?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The vote on here generally goes to Miele.

Liftman

Anything by Beko, cheap n cheerfull

redmex
    Free Member

Samsung eco bubble gets my vote free 5 year guarantee and it plays a wee tune when it’s done whereas my miele dishwasher cleaned dishes great but had a slack bladder and peed all over the kitchen floor from time to time

cranberry
    Free Member

Miele won’t burn your house down.

Beko – well, they don’t have the best history.

cinnamon_girl

The vote on here generally goes to Miele.

I’m a dissenter. Sorry sog.

vondally
    Free Member

Bosch…….on our second in twenty years …..the first lasted 19 years…..on every day and no compromise with muddynstuff ..mountain bike…hockey or football…..

jimw
    Free Member

Our last Miele lasted 14 years, and we were told bybthe engineer who condemned it it would have gone on for a few more if we had descaled it more regularly

wobbliscott
    Free Member

bottom of the range Bosch. A little over £200, lasts the thick end of 20 years. My last one lasted 17 years, the motor had a problem, could have had it repaired but decided to just buy a new one – I decided that after 17 years of 100% reliable service it deserved to be retired and replaced with another.

trademark
    Free Member

Beko we have now is 5 years old, no probs.
    The ten year old one it replaced still worked, albeit with a noisy bearing (£17, two-hour fix) but it was the “wrong colour” after decorating.

Will buy again, cheap enough to replace.

TiRed

One up from bottom of the range Miele. Life’s too short to be bothering about when they go wrong. 1200 rpm spin, fast 40c wash. Ours is 15 years old and used daily.

Buy on quality not features.

fettlin

Candy here, Beko without the badge!

9 years still going but not used daily, maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Can cope with dirty mtb kit and amazingly dirty horse rugs!

In its defence we bought it when we didn’t have any spare cash so got what we could, would go with bosch next time from family recommendations.

cheers_drive

Had a John Lewis one for 11 years and 2 house moves. My parents have had theirs for 9.

Skyliner
    Free Member

About Beko…….BEKO plc is a subsidiary of Arçelik

About Arcelik…….Arçelik is part of a large multinational group called Koç Holding

Honest 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Buy cheap cos what’s a great £800 machine now won’t be in ten years time when technology has progressed (think efficiency and power consumption, not just reliability ). We have a three yr old Beko that cost not much more than a repair on our previous Zanussi and it hasn’t missed a beat. I wouldn’t waste money on an expensive machine anymore.

alanf
    Free Member

Siemens – I think that’s what we have.
    was twice as much as a cheapo machine but should hopefully last a bit more than twice as long.
    previous machine lasted just over a couple of years before it started destroying clothes

jimmy

Bosch

plays a wee tune when it’s done

Can turn this off on the bosch so no being woken up (this matters when combining the holiday washing with jetlag recovery)

Drac

Samsung by far the best we’ve had, the Beko one before it only lasted 3 years.

Andy_K

Whatever’s on ebay local ads from a decent manufacturer. So an £80 Hotpoint last week. Previous machine did nearly 15 years for similar money.

parkesie
    Free Member

Candy are part of Hoover not beko.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

ao.com have lots of recommendations, I think there is a Hoover for a good price that everyone rates strongly.

We bought a Bosch from them. I noted that on some models people were complaining that the 1400 spin speed was not enough to really dry – maybe you need a higher spin speed with the bigger drums, was my thought.
    Ours has 1600 and that is fine, on a 9Kg drum.

If you get a bigger drum then you need to think where you are going to put all this extra stuff to dry.

Yak

In a recommend what-you’ve got style – AEG or Siemens. We had the AEG for about 10 years before the bearings went. The Siemens is about 2 years in running about 5-6 washes per week with an 8kg drum. Fine so far. Quieter than the AEG too (before the AEG bearings went).

timbles
    Free Member

After looking into it I got a 2nd hand Miele.
    It’s built like the Bismarck, it just works and doesn’t break.

Brands like Hoover, Zanussi, Hotpoint etc. are essentially built by the same manufacturers and have planned obsolescence. (usually the logic board that costs more than a new washing machine to replace)
    Ignore all the shiny “my spin speed is faster than yours” it’s BS

dantsw13

My old Bosch just died a few weeks ago. It was getting smelly from too much muddy stuff anyway.

I ordered a 9kg Samsung from AO and it’s great – really clean wash, lots of programmes, and a big drum.

footflaps

Anything by Beko, cheap n cheerfull

Wouldn’t touch Beko with a barge-pole; their attitude to safety sucks.

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-09-26/beko-appliances-households-still-at-risk-from-faulty-white-goods-that-caused-deadly-fire/

They were repeatedly warned by London Fire Brigade about call outs to fires caused by their appliances but took years to do anything about it.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Bookmarked.

singlespeedstu

Me too.
    Pumps just gone in ours and not sure if a want to replace it on an eight year old machine.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Bosch ain’t what they were – wish I’d got custody of the Miele…

But my partner’s Samsung is rather good.

MrTricky
    Free Member

We had a Bosch. Used daily. Lasted until 1 month after the warranty expired – bearings went and would cost over £180 to replace as the job needs 2 people and is a pig. Turns out that the bearings that they use aren’t properly sealed and loads fail in the same way. Service was rubbish from them too. The bottom of the range Miele we have now was cheap (from John Lewis, shop soiled) and has already lasted longer. Bosch seem to be building down to a price.

Cougar

maybe you need a higher spin speed with the bigger drums, was my thought.

I’d have thought the opposite was true? The bigger the drum, the faster the edges are travelling for a given rotational velocity.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Recommended me a… washing machine’ is closed to new replies.