• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations for a pub and carb-fest dinner (Italian?) in central Brum
  • IHN

Ahead of this weekend’s VeloBrum, we’ll be up there to register in the City Centre on Saturday and staying in Digbeth that night.

We’ll want a nice pint (maybe two) in a nice pub on Saturday night and a good carby dinner, something like a good traditional Italian trattoria. Any ideas?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

ponte di legno in Mosley if you don’t mind travelling out a few miles

RobHilton
    Free Member

Real ale to be had here

https://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk

lunge

For Italian – Laghi’s Deli, it’s maybe 1 mile away from the city centre but well worth the walk, or you can get a train 1 stop to 5-Ways station and it’s 2 mins from there. If not, and it depends on exactly where you are in the City Centre, then Pint Shop or Pure Bar. Chung Ying Central is also worth a look if you like your carbs in noodle or rice form. Pub wise, again, Pint Shop or Pure Bar are well worth a look as is Cherry Reds.

As for Digbeth, there is in my opinion an easy option and that is Digbeth Dining Club, perhaps followed by The Old Crown.

longj
    Free Member

San Carlo on temple Street then pop over the road to the head of steam for a good selection on brews

bsims
    Free Member

Pasta Di Piazza in St Paul’s square. I really like this one and not that expensive either. I often drop in for lunch if in Brum.

Bouonissimo in Harbourne – – Not central though.

bsims
    Free Member

What about a bit of karaoke with dinner?

http://www.padthai.co.uk/

IHN

Cheers all, plenty to go on there

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a pub and carb-fest dinner (Italian?) in central Brum’ is closed to new replies.