Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations / advice for Garmin glass replacement
  • andrewreay

My Garmin needs a new glass screen.

It’s a touch screen Edge 830.

Any good places to recommend or bad ones to avoid?

TIA

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it can’t be done, garmin are your best option, speak nicely to them.

damascus
    Free Member

Can you use Garmins replacement policy?

Or buy a wahoo

Sui
    Free Member

There’s not much in it with replacement Vs refurb direct from Garmin, I’ve just done this myself, I got a 530 for 100, the glass replacement was 85 I think..

andrewreay

@damascus

Can you use Garmins replacement policy?

Please tell me more… Can’t see anything on this anywhere. Is it a thing? Like helmet crash replacement?

damascus
    Free Member

@andrewreay

In the past you could send your Garmin back, pay £90 and they sent you a reconditioned one with 3 month warranty.

Having used a 205, 305, 500, 510, 605, 705, 800, 810 and 820 I used it a few times. But after the battery life on my new 820 was so shocking I’ve ditched Garmin for wahoo bolt and now roam and I’m a bit out of touch with Garmin.

Im sure there’s a thread on here about it but from memory they’ve either stopped it or put the price up so much it wasn’t worth it.

For reference, I’ve just sold my wahoo bolt for £100 with silicone case and out front mount. Battery still lasted 15 hours following a gps and recording. Amazing bit of kit.

andrewreay

Thanks damascus. Called them today and immediately spoke to someone helpful.

They offered up a reconditioned replacement for £120 all in.

So I accpeted their offer. They take the old one back (with free postage) and will send the recon unit out asap.

Couldn’t find any third parties that would offer to replace touch-screen 830 glass, so Garmin direct looks like the only show in town.

Hopefully I get a decent recon unit back.

Thanks again.

damascus
    Free Member

Price has gone up again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations / advice for Garmin glass replacement’ is closed to new replies.