• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Aus.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend some well padded shorty gloves pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

Afer some well padded short fingered gloves after my Trek ones of 20+ have finally given up the ghost (remarkable how well they lasted, albeit there’s not much of them left now!). Keen for a good bit of padding.

Cheers

tonyd

I’ve just spent the last 3 months trying to find a replacement for my 15 year old Gore gloves that have finally fallen apart. I’ve bought and returned 5 pairs before just this week settling on a pair of….. Gore!

Of the ones I tried Castelli Arenberg were probably the most padded, too padded for me although I sent them back as the fit wasn’t great for me either.

oceanskipper

I’ve got some Castelli Arenbergs. Pretty comfortable; a little short around the cuff would be my only criticism.

dc1988

Specialized body geometry are very padded, I use them on my road bike and it helps with stopping wrist pain(fragile from a nasty old injury)

allanoleary
    Free Member

I’ve used Endure FS260 mitts for years. Never had any discomfort on road or mountain bike with them regardless of distance. Super comfy vented gel pads.

FOG

I asked this very question a couple of months ago and bought some Spec BG gloves on recommendation. At first I was well pleased, they seemed very comfortable and avoided the numbness but at the end of the ride my palms were very sore. I am beginning to believe what someone ( sorry can’t remember who) said about too much padding being as bad as too little. I have gone back to some thinnish Polaris mitts I had at the bottom of the drawer.

easily
    Free Member

Endura Humvee Plus II are well padded and not too pricey.

I have the long fingered version of these
    https://loffi.cc/collections/winter-cycling-gloves/products/quick-mitt
    and I find them comfy.

four
    Free Member

Grip Grab are very well padded and I use these for off road, for road I use Spesh BG.

easily
    Free Member

By the way, I think I know the Trek mitts you are referring too. I had a pair and I absolutely loved them, best mitts I ever had – they lasted for ages as well.

I wonder why nobody seems to make those sort of gloves anymore?

dc1988

I remember reading about some gloves(years ago now) that were designed to have more central palm padding with less around the edges to effectively flatten your hand contact patch with the grips so any pressure is evenly spread. It sounded sensible but I don’t know if they ever made it to market, zero padding seems to be the trend at the moment.

BadlyWiredDog

I am beginning to believe what someone ( sorry can’t remember who) said about too much padding being as bad as too little. I have gone back to some thinnish Polaris mitts I had at the bottom of the drawer.

Specialized used to have a glove / mitt called the Grail based on the idea that the best way to even out pressure across the hand was to fill in the hollow in the palm wth an ergonomic pad. Worked really well for me on the road bike, but no longer made.

My fave mountain bike gloves are some older Gore ones with strategically placed gel pads, not thick but they seem to work.

molgrips
    Free Member

I always use short finger gloves, weather permitting, and it puzzles me how long fingers are now the fashion. Anyway I needed more recently so I got some Endura Humvee II Plus and they’re just lovely like all the recent Endura stuff I’ve bought. Also got some of they cheaper somewhat lighter Endura mitts and they were, well, cheaper feeling, but still excellent. Humvee Plus perhaps more suited to MTB as they feel a little over padded on road bars but it’s not actually a problem and I still wear them all day on road.

Aus
    Free Member

Thanks all … my Trek were called Criterion (I think) and were amazing.

Because of out of stock, and a pressing need, bought some DHB Aeron, pretty pleased after a few long days with them

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend some well padded shorty gloves pls’ is closed to new replies.