Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some hard-wearing trainers!
  • alaslas
    Free Member

As title. I’m a busy father, on my feet all day. My trainers (canvas Vans) seem to fall apart faster than economics allow. Recommend some that might last, like they used to!

neninja
    Free Member

Very different style to Vans but I pretty much live in Salomon XA Pro

Got a couple of pairs of GTX and a couple of the regualr ones. Super comfy and seem well made.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Salomon XA Pro’s about 3 years ago, I got to thinking they need replacing as they are pretty worn out. I thought that they didn’t last that long till the OH pointed out that I wore them for at least part of every day.

Very comfy, easy to slip in and out of really like the lacing system and on reflection think they are really hard wearing. Need another pair!

footflaps

I wear 5.10 Approach shoes pretty much all the time and when they get a bit worn out I retire them to gardening / building work wear – they last really even caked in cement / concrete / plaster etc…

DezB
    Free Member

Salomon XA Pro

Can only agree with this. Dunno how old mine are, they were getting a bit smelly so I chucked em in the washing machine. Look new again!
    (Although apparently wearing them not trail running makes you a bell end (©STW))

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Salomon XA Pro + lots. Current pair are nearly bin fodder after nearly 4 years of daily use….

maccruiskeen

The one pair of vans rowleys ive had didnt inspire me to buy anything else by them. I’ve had the best wear from Cat and Sketchers. Cat in particular are good for soles that wear well and stay attached to the rest of the shoe. The trick with either brand is finding a shoe you actually like though. Both were good for staying comfy. Merrells and scarpas I’ve had stayed in one piece but the midsoles lose there shape and they become too painful to wear.

cyrilswan
    Free Member

Bought some Adidas Kanadia’s for trail running about 6 months ago. Comfiest trainers I’ve worn, now wear them all the time. Great value at £35 too 🙂

sas78

Merrell Intercept GTX – not Vans like but brilliant. Had mine for five years which are now commuters and after a wash they still look great.

Actually pretty decent as bike shoes on the Exotic flats too.

sas78

double post – sorry!

gonzy
    Free Member

Bought some Adidas Kanadia’s for trail running about 6 months ago. Comfiest trainers I’ve worn, now wear them all the time. Great value at £35 too

i’ve also had a pair of these…mine were the gore tex version…very comfy…only problem is that the tread is a bit on the soft side and can wear quickly…not complaining though as they only cost me £30 in the sales and lasted for 15 months!!
    dc shoes are pretty tough too…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some hard-wearing trainers!’ is closed to new replies.