Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me some gloves
  • jakd95
    Free Member

I’m after a pair of general use mtb gloves, lightly padded but not after insulated/waterproof/armoured. I’ve had a couple of pairs of Endura Humvees which are comfortable and the style I’m after, but the fingers/thumbs on both pairs have worn through at the tips fairly quickly some I’m after something different. I’ve been looking at Fox Rangers, anything else to consider?

jamiebkc

I usually have a few pairs of gloves on the go, most blow through within a year or so but….

My first pair of gloves were the old fox sidewinders in something like 2001 that lasted about 4-5 years, I then had a pair of fox rangers from 07-12 which I replaced with another pair the same year which have yet to die. I’d buy more rangers without hesitation, but I do like trying other brands for lighter fabrics in summer.

kiwijohn

Giro dnd.

PrinceJohn

I started using 100% gloves a couple of years or so ago – they are the most comfortable gloves I have every used. After a wash they still look pretty much as good as new.

Personally prefer them to Fox & Endura

ready

I have some Dakine Syncline Gel gloves. Couple of rides in and they seem good. The gel isn’t to ‘obtrusive’ either.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve found softshell gloves to be much more durable than the traditional MTB full-finger style, which seem a bit potluck about the fingers and palms wearing through.

sharkattack

100% Brisker

nstpaul

100% Brisker all day long, tried others, all rubbish comparably imo.
    Hydromatic? If you want a bit more waterproofing,(although not on your priority list) bought a set to see what like but haven’t even felt the need to use yet over normal ones so can’t comment on the waterproof properties.

MSP

I suggest everyone tries some specialized grail gloves, the padding is different to the way everyone else does it and actually works (I had only worn unpadded gloves for a few years previously). I just wish they did a winter version.

tall_martin

100% brisker.

I thought I’d lost one the other day and was about to buy a replacement pair.

Been great for the last year and a half. Still look fine. Nothing has worn out other than the daft text on the palm coming off. I wasn’t to upset to see that vanish.

welshfarmer

100% Briskers are the only gloves I will buy now.

Squirrel

Totally 100% Briskers. A bit warm in summer though.

jakd95
    Free Member

Good consensus on the 100% Briskers, will give them a go. Thanks all.

hardtail5
    Free Member

Tried a few brands but not as many as most, got some 100% Ridecamp and absolutely love them. Might be a little thin for winter.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Eh?! You asked for gloves with no insulation but everyone has recommended gloves generally bought for winter riding with insulation on the backs of your hands and you’ve gone for them?! Yeah they’re good for autumn winter riding but I don’t find them generally THAT amazing a fit, tend to bunch up on the palms when I use them. My favourite pair are specialized body geometry gel gloves but the padding is quite substantial (and you said lightly padded) and I do tend to find they wear on the thumb tip a little too fast. Also have a pair of fox gloves but ten to find the velcro, fluffy side at least, wears out fairly quickly. I tend to have a few pairs in circulation and pick depending on the season etc.

easily
    Free Member

I used to use Endurance Humvees, I now have fox ranger gels. I’m pretty happy with them after a couple of months of use.

So either that or these:

https://loffi.cc/

tall_martin

I wore the briskers for most of the summer. They are also good for keeping brambles and nettles out of my knuckles.

erictwinge
    Free Member

dont like wearing gloves if i can help it so hate spending money on them but I just bought some muc-off ones which i dont actually mind wearing at the moment…

gkeeffe

100% brisker for me too. I’ve got the hydromatic ones too.. got them out after being frozen on Sunday!

razorrazoo

I have Briskers but they’re for cooler days.  Troy Lee XC have served me well for years and are my go-to for 90% of my riding.

geomickb
    Free Member

Are we sure about these Briskers? It was 3 degrees out in The Peak last night. Will they be warm enough?

I’m currently using monster thick ones and can’t change my suspension with them on.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Dafeet Etouch Dura gloves, good for approx 3-10C.

tall_martin

1 degree in the most last night for me. I had sealskins on instead of the 100% briskers.

Gloves

But that’s not what the op asked from

luket

For me, Briskers are winter only, pretty much, but I don’t really suffer from cold hands and wear normal gloves down to current temperatures. The hydromatic ones feel very much like winter gloves.

For me with insulated winter gloves I don’t like the feel of thick gloves and avoid them unless temperatures necessitate. Lined ones I avoid full stop. But I do like a bit of protection from knuckles clobbering trees.

On sportpursuit at the moment are various non insulated Alpinestars gloves quite cheap. I find their material and stitching to be tougher than on the summer 100% ones I have. This time I bought the Drop Pros (slightly knuckle padded sort of DH ones). There’s still less to them than Briskers. I already have some thinner ones which have been a bit of a favourite.

didnthurt

What happened to Sombrio. I had a few pairs of them over the years.

Not tried these but they look a nice light pair.

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/madison-alpine-men-s-gloves-varmcl19s32

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some gloves’ is closed to new replies.