• This topic has 31 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Recommend me some chamois cream
  • teamslug
    Free Member

What are the ‘stw massiv’ using? Anybody using a ghetto mix.

peteimpreza

Assos does the job for me .

Kryton57

Buttonhole from Planet X. Like Assos but much cheaper, not thin and watery like Udderly smooth.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Assos is the benchmark. Though recently used the MucOff stuff and i like that too.

teamslug
    Free Member

I ve used udderley smooth before but it doesn’t last long. I’m only 5 miles from PX. Might try that. Cheers

Haze

Another vote for Assos!

chrisdw
    Free Member

I’ve only ever used Beljum Budder. Mostly because I bought it to give it a go and it still hasnt run out. Seems good. Lasts ages. Got it from Planet X. No tingley feeling though if you’re into that.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack, has anyone ever heard of chamois cream going off? A recent incident had me perplexed (vast quantity of skin removed from the nethers), the only thing I can think of is that the cream is a few years old.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Another vote for Assos!
    I ran out a while back and my LBS don’t do Assos so I tried what they had, it wasn’t as good and seemed very greasy (can’t remember what it was called).

Denis99
    Free Member

Assos

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Minty Arse Lard FTW!

dovebiker
    neila

Assos +1 and I had a free sachet of Rapha a while ago which was very good.

joat

I’m waiting on a delivery of the new Muc-Off chamois cream, it gets good reviews. Mustn’t mix up with other Muc-Off products though!

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Rapha. Tried Assos and it set fire to my parts.

Kamakazie

Bristol Butt’r?
    I’ve not tried it but like the idea of locally made with decent ingredients! Reviews seem good.

willchrist
    Free Member

Waitrose – Baby Bottom Butter.

As the name suggests, it’s only available at Waitrose, costs around £2.50.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Bristol Butt’r?
    I’ve not tried it but like the idea of locally made with decent ingredients! Reviews seem good.

Great stuff, only put some on just yesterday (did go riding, not just for pleasure)

Seriously no bum itch after hot’n’sweaty ride with this

http://www.bristolbuttr.co.uk

MoreCashThanDash

Tried a variety but the original Assos minty arse lard is the best.

Can’t beat that minty tingle.

teamslug
    Free Member

Looks like Assos wins. Can’t wait for the minty tingle around my barse. Cheers fellas

sirromj

O butt, wait!

Doc’s Natural Chamois Cream

garvaldnights
    Free Member

Coconut oil with some jojoba mixed in. Bought the raw ingredients off amazon, mixed it up warm. Great stuff. Cheaper, cleaner, and better for your ‘nads. You smell like a bounty though

jonba
    Free Member

Used to use udderly smooth but it doesn’t last. Beljum bbutter was much better. Now use chamois buttr which is just as good. Comes in regular or minty.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Since I started using Crotch Guard I have stopped using chamois cream. It’s been nothing short of a revelation. It’s an oil so you don’t get any of the cold damp feeling you get with cream. At the moment it’s only available from the US but they have just announced a deal with a UK distributor so shouldn’t be long before its available over here.

nikk
    Free Member

Germoline cream. Seems to last all day, keeps things moving freely and clean and bacteria free. Slight numbing helps as well. Also good for non-stick effect when having a shite.

Never tried all that other stuff, but can’t imagine carrying round a big tub of arse lard on a multi day. Tube of Germoline is easy to carry, and also good for wee boo-boos if I fall off my carbon grown-ups scooter.

jonnyrockymountain

Assos

wilburt
    Free Member

Palmers body butter if I’m feeling flush or Savers £1 jar of coconut butter if not.

I have a big arse, ride a lot and like to spread it on good and thick so the pricey stuff isn’t an option.

genubah
    Free Member

I have been using Paceline’s Chamois Butt’r for ever. I have yet to find a reason to try something else.

iainc

so when do folks use this – all road rides, just long ones, what ?

longmover
    Free Member

The Chapeau menthol one is nice and tingly.

gren
    Free Member

The missus loves the Assos stuff.

Never felt the need myself despite some all day 100 mile plus rides. Tempted by the minty tingle promise though

Dibbs
    Free Member

so when do folks use this – all road rides, just long ones, what ?

Usually if I think I’m going to be out for more than a couple of hours.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some chamois cream’ is closed to new replies.