Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me some breakfast (early morning content)
  • easily
    Free Member

I like Weetabix when I’m going to work as I can cycle after eating it. On other days I’d ideally eat some sort of pastry, but it’s usually toast.

Anyone have anything more exciting?

joshvegas
    Free Member

overnight oats with loads of berries or…

Scrambled egg in the microwave wapped on a toasted bagel with mustard

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Beer and crisps

easily
    Free Member

The eggs sound delicious. I’m guessing you don’t cycle to work right after eating them?

joshvegas
    Free Member

ofcourse I would why not?

Its a proper ride too 25miles each way 😀

richardkennerley

I’m on Bircher muesli this week, not a million miles away from over night oats. Or even less prep, granola with yoghurt and a few extra blueberries+raspberries

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Toasted cinnamon n raisin bagel, topped with banana, peanut butter and maple syrup.

Toasted plain bagel, avocado, poached eggs, salt, pepper, garlic Olive oil.

And yes, cycle or run straight after either.

spacemonkey

Make your own granola (mostly oats, crushed nuts, berries, seeds etc). Keeps for several weeks and you can tweak the flavour by adding cinnamon, vanilla essence, orange peel, cacao and so on.

Tastes the absolute bomb when left overnight (milk/yoghurt) or given at least 30 mins to soak/moisten in the morning.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d eat left over curry then cycle to work to be fair.

vongassit
    Free Member

Porridge (jumbo rolled oats), cinnimon , banana , maple syrup.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Porridge or poached or scrambled egg for me during the week. When I cycle into work I tend to make porridge at work and ride on empty. mix in honey, blueberry’s and recently the wife has some packets of powder crap (Chia seeds and linseed stuff I think) which I put in…doesn’t taste of anything but supposed to do you good…not noticed any difference, but it’d just end up in the bin if I didn’t eat it.

ajaj
    Free Member

This is horribly middle class and more money than sense, but I’ve recently discovered the Leon “Porridge of the Gods“.

si77

Pancakes, streaky bacon and maple syrup. Om-nom-nom!

(You didn’t specify healthy)

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon when pretending to be a grown up.

binners

convert

Overnight oats is working for me at the moment. Vegan style obvs.

1 part old fashioned oats
    1 part plant milk of choice
    1/8th part chai seeds
    ½ part coconut yogurt
    splash of maple syrup
    a few drops of vanilla essence
    mix in the bowl you are going to eat it in, cover and put in fridge until the morning

If you are not as try hard achingly hip as me the dairy equivalents for the milk and yoghurt I’m sure are nice too.

Top off it in the morning with whatever you like. Currently playing with half sliced banana, toasted flaked almonds, chopped pecan nuts and whatever else looks nice and is kicking about. Going to play with some peanut butter I think but need a slightly runnier version than I currently use.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I’ve always ridden to work and eaten breakfast when I got there.

If there is a microwave at work then hot porridge if not then overnight oats carried in a leak proof container. Top porridge with 1 or 2 of the following, fresh fruit, jam, chopped nuts, seeds, nut butter, shot of espresso, even a kipper.

slowoldman

So far this week it’s been porridge, weetabix with fruit and nuts, shredded wheat with fruit and nuts, poached eggs on crumpets. Not all on the same day.

martinhutch

Binners, you prole. Wouldn’t you prefer a lovely ‘Smashed Avocado and Halloumi Sourdough Muffin’ from that London place mentioned above instead?

Microwaved porridge with jumbo oats with water for me. Plus a few raisins. I clearly need to up my game.

jimdubleyou

It only takes an hour to ride to work, so I just eat a bowl of alpen when I get there. Might have an espresso before if I’m still yawning.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yoghurt, muesli & blueberries or honey.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some breakfast (early morning content)’ is closed to new replies.