• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by bishj.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some binoculars
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Something pretty cheap, i.e. less than £50 but with reasonable magnification over 50m or so.

petefromearth

I picked up some cheap ones from 7dayshop.com after a recommendation in here

Good quality for the money, and I don’t mind them knocking about in the boot of the car

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

just so you can make things out from across the road huh?

gordimhor

Nothing useful to contribute but cue the inevitable quote from Viz .

nostrils
    Free Member

I got a pair of these for my birthday this year, wasn’t expecting much but for the price they are pretty good. The included phone camera adapter is junk though.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I got some Olympus ones from Amazon for about £50. I’m very happy with them.

hotstuff
    Free Member

Olympus perform well above their price range would suggest. You’d only appreciate the difference if you’d tried a few cheap ones but well worth looking at.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Wow. Nobody has said price point yet.

Have you considered a monocular?

like this

grum
    Free Member

Classic STW but if you try some really decent binoculars the cheap ones seem terrible in comparison. My folks have some £500 ones and they are amazing.

bishj
    Free Member

I’d suggest secondhand, at that price you’re not near diminishing returns point so secondhand should bump you up a few things in terms of quality e.g. here

bishj
    Free Member

AFAIK the more ‘classic’ style Porro prism binoculars (like this sort of thing) are easier to get right, so you’re better off getting those if spending less

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some binoculars’ is closed to new replies.