Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me Full Face, Knee and Elbow Guard for Alps Trail Addiction Holiday
  • londonpride
    Free Member

Just signed up for a trip in August. Been to the Alps before ages ago and my knowledge of armour and Full Faces rusty now. My full face was an old Met and now in need of new one. Want to spend 100 tops really and must be well vented. Any suggestions?

Got old 661 shin and knee guards which wrap around the whole leg….they are hot and cant really pedal uphills on them. THinking of some nice knee guards which are vented at the back and dont slip. Any thoughts?

Finally – I have some old Fox elbow guards which slip down my arm on slightest bump. Any thoughts on better ones / are they really necessary?

Cheers Guys

steveh

I really like my oneal sastec pads, super comfy, not too hot and the whole soft until hit hard padding really seems to work!

rj
    Free Member

Spesh Deviant helmet is really well vented and can be had off of EBay for not too much cash. 661 Evo pads are the comfiest ones I’ve used (and there have been a few). I can comfortably ride all day in them.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Helmet that fits is the only recommendation there. No point at all getting advice from others as their head is likely to be different.

northernmatt

What about an Urge Archi-Enduro? Bit much at £150. You can get a proper Urge full facer for £125 though.

bren2709

Urge full face helmets are light and well vented oh and cheap!
    Have a look at Knox crosslite knee and elbow pads, again light and a good fit.

londonpride
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. Love the look of the Urge Enduro helmet….might have to try one on, but once looked it in the eye hard not to resist paying the extra!! Hmmm

chakaping
    Free Member

Urge Down-O-Matic is just over £100 at crc now, love mine – very light and airy.

Might not fit you of course, but you can send back for free.

Fox Launch Pro kneepads are great for long rides and have saved my knees many times.

gsp1984
    Free Member

POC Armour is super comfortable, if a little warm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve some daineese leg armour that’s surplus to requirments, knee+shin armour, foam/webbing backing, a stretchy webbing sock (with a big cut out behind the knee) that goes arround the knee and 2 straps for the shin guard. £30 if it’s of interest. Also got a 661 pressure suit, last years with the purple trim, large (I think, 42″ chest IIRC).

One thing I’d recomend is 661 do sub gear shorts, essentialy just lycra shorts with foam padding, not sure if its d30/ineligent/memory/wahtever foam, but it does seem to result in less bruising at the end of the day!

Helemet’s, just find one that fits really well, it’s a lot less undcomfortabel wearing a ‘cheep’ helemt that fits, than an expensive vented one that doesn’t!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me Full Face, Knee and Elbow Guard for Alps Trail Addiction Holiday’ is closed to new replies.