Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Recommend me an ace espresso cup – up to £20
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Whatcha got?

I’m bored with my current selection and as coffee break is ceremonial, I want something nice.

Ta

ferrals
    Free Member

I have the cyclocross one from here:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoffeeAndCols

Its a nice weight and looks good. I use it every day and after a couple of years of dishwashing its only faded a tiny bit. I’m tempted to get a couple of their other designs too

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have the cyclocross one from here:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoffeeAndCols

I was going to make some sort of ‘peak STW’ comment but I think they are pretty nice…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Ooooo – some very nice cups there. Thank you.

Kryton57

Guy – who owns coffee and cols is a fellow club member and strong track rider.  He’s a thoroughly nice chap and I can recommend him, I’m sure as a fellow cyclist he’d hugely appreciate your business, especially as he’s working – or not as the case maybe – in the aviation business.

AD

Just bought my mate Campagnolo ones for his 50th. They look rather nice but possibly slightly over budget at £25 (for two though!). And presumably like/run Campag 😁

ferrals
    Free Member

I was going to make some sort of ‘peak STW’ comment

I do my best 🙂

seriously though, i definitely recommend the cups.. [just for that extra peak] much nicer to drink from than the john lewis ones we have

Nobby

I’ve had the Chris King (espresso & cappuccino) ones for over a decade now & still love them.

Some of those Coffee & Cols ones look damn good though.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Your local pottery for a nice handmade one.

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s a dangerous path your walking, next you’ll be needing a hub derived tamper…

grum
    Free Member
    bob_summers

I like a heavy shotglass or a cup with thick porcelain. Heavier the better – mine are D’Ancap. They live on top of the machine and retain a bit of heat – important for short drinks like espresso/ristretto.

toby1

Kruve for the true pro 😉

I just have a LeCrueset one I use.

kimura54321

Also like the Loveramics, but the egg range. Not that spendy either.

Chunky porcelain, mix and match saucers, plus you can get a 60g shot in one and still have room for crema as well.

https://www.loveramics.co.uk/products/egg-espresso-cup

bob_summers

Got these too, also very thick walled. About 25 quid for 6 I think. Nuova Point “Palermo”.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Inker and Ancap make the best cups (which is why you’ll find them in most specialty coffee shops, including my own). Blue has been empirically shown to make espresso taste sweeter (if you don’t believe me, there are plenty of peer reviewed articles on the subject).

JP

jonnyboi

I steal mine from nice cafes in France or Italy. That way you get the memory of the event as part of the experience

TheFlyingOx

The secret ingredient is crime.

Markie
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Here ya go:

(this should get them wound up 😉 )

nostoc
    Free Member

I have a Nigerian Air Force espresso cup.
    An impulse ebay buy.

DrJ

I like these – probably a reason why they are not perfect for espresso, but I like looking at them …

https://dittefischer.dk/produkt/espressokrus/?view=overview

Milkie
    Free Member

I steal mine from nice cafes in France or Italy.

I am so annoyed I didn’t think of this!

toby1

Molgrips post duly reported, got to be worth at least a month long ban 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got lots of espresso cups. I don’t drink espresso.

Unless I’m in Italy obvs but then I don’t have my own cups with me. So to me the best espresso cup is a standard issue Lavazza job or just plain white 🙂

Kryton57

Molgrips post duly reported, got to be worth at least a month long ban

😀 😀 😀

easily
    Free Member

Some of these look great. Good recommending people.

I have a LeCrueset which I get on very well with. I also have the smallest glass KeepCup

https://uk.keepcup.com/shop/glass-cups/black

This is too big for an espresso cup, but I take it with me when I’m going out as it’s pretty tough. I sometimes use it at when at home as I like it.

molgrips
    Free Member

This is too big for an espresso cup

Gives you room for a dash of creamy milk though which I rather like.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks all – some good suggestions here.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an ace espresso cup – up to £20’ is closed to new replies.