Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a southern peaks ride
  • theotherjonv

By southern, I mean around the Derbyshire / Buxton area rather than the other end.

Ideally ‘classic’ but as I might be riding it lone (tagging on to the end of a business trip) nothing uber-technical and ideally not that difficult for navigation either. Nice views, and a feeling that I’m doing a peaks ride desirable.

How far? Not an all dayer, I guess 3 hours-ish for a typical 40 yo rider -15-20 miles depending of course on terrain / climbing?

theotherjonv

as I thought. There’s really only southern riders on here and those from the ‘north’ don’t actually ride their bikes…. 😮

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Pick up a copy of ‘White Peak Mountain Biking’ by Jon Barton. There is a nice little route to the east of Buxton (Cheedale Wye Valley) which is not uber technical but has some good singletrack and brief forays onto tarmac to enable you to catch a breath.

snowslave

Northern riders consider the White Peak as THE SOUTH – i.e. flat and boring. Move your sights further north young man….

theotherjonv

Not really going to help when I’ve got a potential business meeting nr Derby in a few weeks time and thought I’d cheekily tag on an afternoon ride

PaulB
    Free Member

Hi,

Come up to Rowsley between Matlock and Bakewell on the A6 and do a circuit from there. Give me a shout if you want a map/details.

Paul

thefallguy
    Free Member

can email you a map of a loop around chatsworth area if you’re interested, beeley to chatsworth over into bakewell to ednsor > chatsworth > beeley. about 18/20 miles rides well all year except for one climb up grassy field out of chatsworth, but not a problem as its a short section.

email me at jonathan @ snap dot plc dot uk and I’ll post it back if you’re interested

loopyloop
    Free Member

Yes, but you may as well ride on a road! it is that flat! Why would that be of interest to a mountain biker???

loopyloop
    Free Member

ooops, unless the original post is a roadie. Apologies, if so!

will
    Free Member

Ambergate, crich chase, Black rocks. All brilliant riding to be had around there. Go and explore i’d say

MoreCashThanDash

Oh yes, Southern Peaks/Derbyshire Dales are flat as a pancake!

Ignorance is bliss. Are you Gordon Brown, per chance?

matt_outandabout

as I thought. There’s really only southern riders on here and those from the ‘north’ don’t actually ride their bikes.

nah, too much to do in’t North Peak and further North still, and why would we want you lot clagging up the treails?

😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a southern peaks ride’ is closed to new replies.