Home Forums Bike Forum Recommend me a small pump

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a small pump
  • ElShalimo

Looking for a new pump. Not sure if they exist, I don’t want a big track pump but want something that easily inflates a flat tyre in minimal time. So bigger than my little Lezyne pressure drive and can fit in a pannier or car boot.

carlos
    Free Member

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/product/1083-MOUNTAIN-TT-TWIN-TURBO

Cracking little pump that boats more punch than the size would suggest.

Fits nicely in a pack and suitable for the Roadie, Gravel bikes too

jimmy748
    hooli

Cant go wrong with anything from Topeak or Lezyne in my experience.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Worth checking any churches you might pass as many have a water tap outside.

TiRed

Second a Topeak from the Morph range. Use my Mini Morph on the commuter bike, but took it on a training camp in lieu of a track pump.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/379-Morph-Pumps

chakaping

I have one of these and a friend praised its girth as we quickly inflated a tyre at the side of Fort Bill DH track in the rain last week.

Millibar

Topeak Race Rocket on the gravel. Have the MT version that I carry in a hip pack/backpack on the mtb too

Rubbish cropped pic

20240517_185012~2

Kramer
    Free Member

@ElShalimo – I suspect that you want one of the larger minipumps that are slightly too big to attach to a frame and convert to a floor pump.

I’ve got a range of mini pumps from Topeak and Lezyne for different use cases.

IME if they’re small enough to easily attach to a frame they’re not that great at inflating a tyre compared to one of the convertible pumps.

Being able to pump against the ground makes them far more efficient,

ElShalimo

mrsheen

Free Member

Worth checking any churches you might pass as many have a water tap outside

Have you been inhaling Mr Sheen?

🙃

ElShalimo

some good suggestion – thanks

Anyone got a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive?
    They look lovely and all the Lezyne stuff I’ve had has been very good (apart from tyre levers)

dc1988

I’ve got the micro floor drive, it works well but it’s annoying that it’s a screw on head. It does come with a push on presta adapter that makes life easier but the adapter doesn’t easily attach to the pump so has to be kept separately. I’ve had mine for years and it’s still working fine but it doesn’t get heavy use. The handle is also a bit too small so isn’t very comfortable to use

ElShalimo

Thanks, that’s good to know

Kramer
    Free Member

I’ve also got a micro floor drive. It’s good enough to take away instead of a track pump. Agree about the screw on head sometimes being annoying. It’s a quality bit of kit though.

kiwijohn

I’ve had the micro floor drive HV for years. It’s so old it doesn’t have the pressure release valve on the chuck.
    It was the go to pump on our group rides when I still used a back pack.
    Now I have a One Up on the MTB, the floor drive has moved on to the gravel bike. Perfect for that which doesn’t need high pressure & sits in the half frame bag out of the muck.

binman

One Up here too.

sturdylad
    Free Member

“Anyone got a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive?
    They look lovely and all the Lezyne stuff I’ve had has been very good (apart from tyre levers)”

Yes, just bought one to go in the bike bag on a trip abroad.
    Fantastic bit of kit, easily and quietly got 80psi in road tubeless. Rated to 160psi but I can see that may be a a little more time consuming.

They do HP & HV versions, I went for HP with the digital gauge.

Can be bike mounted if you like but would be a tad bulky looking. Weighs nothing in reality.

Recommended!

JB

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.