• This topic has 54 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Recommend me a roady type jersey.
  • DT78
    Free Member

offroad I use gore, cant beat it for durability / utility imo. Mostly dull designs though, so not great for visibility but excellent for mud

for road I mostly use castelli, with a couple of rapha items – there pro team jacket is awesome

antigee

found it interesting that there is so much love for the “half price Endura” thread with peeps saying their bibs are the best ever, when every other review/comment I read on here is really negative about them.

not being in the industry my experience is limited to what I buy (useful for STW as I can sometimes recommend what I have GOT and found to be good which for some reason is bad? :!:) anyway I have some excellent bits of Endura kit and have some crap stuff that lingers at the bottom of the drawer or has been thrown away after limited use – lack of consistency in design detail and finishing would be my opinion – so would hesitate to recommend despite really liking some products

chakaping
    Free Member

found it interesting that there is so much love for the “half price Endura” thread with peeps saying their bibs are the best ever, when every other review/comment I read on here is really negative about them.

People love a bandwagon.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i asked a similar thing in the autumn, albeit looking for a more winter focussed one, and was thinking about merino myself. my concern though was that i froze on a road bike and that merino would let the air through.

a couple of people suggested castelli gabba, something i had not heard of, and i have to say it is an utter revelation. i never ever though that i could tide well under 10deg (i think the lowest was down around 4deg) in a thin short sleeve with arm warmers and a couple of base layers.

so personally i’d say, for now into summer if a gabba is too warm, go look for a perfetto light. there are some bargains about if you look. i think i paid under 60quid for mine.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Another Vote for Thorm, as good as Rapha’s jersey’s at half the RRP. Same material similar classic styling and just super. As it’s Sportwool it’s got Merino’s best bits with the downsides removed.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve had quite a few different brands for my kit and have found the following
    Castelli – fits well, doesn’t last that long and size up as its toight (like a…). Bit racer looking if thats not your bag
    Rapha – expensive, has an ‘image’ but lasts brilliantly, works really well and comfortable. My winter jacket is the best bit of cycling kit I own.
    Ashmei – recently bought a long sleeve jersey and base layer. Nicer cut than most and subtle colours. Also seem to favour Merino which drys quick and is uber comfy
    Endura – avoid like the plague, its crap
    Morvelo – disappointed, crap fit, poorly made and not cheap

wait4me

I’m not fond of the sportswool type jerseys for summer being a bit of a sweaty bugger. Love it for colder conditions though. Always think it’s worth remembering that some manufacturers offer repair services. I went down the road in my Rapha 2nd time out. They did a bloody good repair for free (and quickly) and now i look double hard with my patched jersey showing what a hard man i am (I’m not).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

“retro” or “vintage” cycling jerseys off ebay are the best I’ve used. They come in loads of wild designs, and the fits vary between the same size, so you’ll end up with some that’re quite loose and others that look “spray on” tight. Bout a fiver a piece.

As for Rapha….paying over a hundred pounds to wear clothes that make you look like a ****. A fool and their money are easily parted…..

rowemasters
    Free Member

Big fan of Gore Bike Wear here. Functional gear that works very well and seems to last forever.

I switched to Endura for a few bits last year. Most of the logos and reflective details washed off quickly. Not too impressed with the fit.

Back with new Gore gear now. Massive improvement in fit and finish for a small increase in price (Sales prices FTW)

In terms of cost per wear, I think my winter windstopper softshell is through it’s 8th winter now…still works perfectly…

tom200

I wouldn’t be seen dead in any kit that cost less than £250, it would just be awful….only Rapha and assos for me.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

retro” or “vintage” cycling jerseys off ebay are the best I’ve used. They come in loads of wild designs,

Wacky Euro Fluoro is exactly why Rapha have made the millions that they have, by offering a subtle alternative for the more conservative British market.

and the fits vary between the same size, so you’ll end up with some that’re quite loose and others that look “spray on” tight

taking pot-luck and alternately riding in a parachute or a sausage skin sounds awesome. This thread is useless without pics.

As for Rapha….paying over a hundred pounds to wear clothes that make you look like a ****. A fool and their money are easily parted…..

Or buy at the end of January like everybody else does. Think the most I’ve paid for a Rapha LS jersey was £55, which is the same I paid for a (half price) Giordana FRC jersey from CRC.

STW road threads just wouldn’t be the same without Dave T’s posts. I’m surprised the ‘correct’ answer wasn’t “I wear whatever my sponsor gives me” 😀

velocipede
    Free Member

Have a look at the Rapha Wiggins team stuff (not popular at the moment for “some reason”) – pretty bargains – I got a short sleeve jersey for £30 and it’s very nice indeed! (Reduced from £75 and cheeky tw*** selling them on eBay for £40 currently) – long sleeve are on sale at £42.50…..

And ignore the Rapha haters – it’s nice stuff, and of you can pick it up in the sale, why not!

jwt
    Free Member

Really liking the Rivelo stuff on sport pursuit.
    Classy yet understated, don’t buy at the ‘full rrp’ hang around for a few weeks and wait for the 60% off sale.
    You will get peppered with emails but there are lots of recognised brands as well for good discount.

nathb
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Rapha core stuff, it’s Rapha quality but more subtle that it’s Rapha.

Just ordered some core bibs, short sleeve jersey and a London city guide for £100. (It was £101 without the guide due to postage costs 😆 ).

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a roady type jersey.’ is closed to new replies.