• This topic has 54 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Recommend me a roady type jersey.
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

More for all day comfort than speed snake skin suit. Quite like merino. The Alpkit ones I have at the moment are rubbish when they get wet/damp – go all baggy and turn to cardboard and rub. Not so keen on super tight fit.

Is Rapha worth the money as they seem to make a nice looking long sleeve jersey.

Anything else I should be looking at?

akira

Rapha stuff is very good but pricey, pick it up in the sales. I quite like Castelli or sportful stuff, decent deals to be had on Castelli stuff currently.

iainc

The wiggle DHB stuff is good, and not generally racing snake cut. Rapha is good, and if you can pick up items in their sale, not too silly priced…

tomhoward

Rapha stuff is very lovely, both long and short sleeves. IMO it’s worth the money, but plenty will disagree.

Klunk
    Free Member

Jura is lovely stuff if a little loud

kilo

I’m waiting for a jersey from torm don’t usually wear this sort of stuff but they seem to get good reviews

Yak

Torm. I’ve been in a long sleeve torm all winter and it’s been spot on. Going to get a short sleave one soon.

Torm is just a couple of blokes so give them a call if you need advice.

tang
    Free Member

I’m sponsored by Castelli and it’s great kit but I’d add howies for a all day comfort jersey too.

wilburt
    Free Member

Flanders20 for a bit off Rapha

juanghia
    Free Member

Assos.

It’s better than Rapha and you don’t have the social stigma that goes with it.

Sandwich

The Schutt Velo Rapide merino is good stuff

wilburt
    Free Member

although even with 20% off I still prefer a dhb classic at half the price

TiRed

Castelli is very good. My one Rapha Festive 500 Core long sleeve jersey has pockets that are basically unreachable. Their shorts are excellent.

I also like RH+.

TheGingerOne

Sportful, exteondo, DHB, Castelli, Alé are all good in my experience.

Howies long sleeve are nice, but I think their short sleeves are far too short – unless they have lengthened their more recent jerseys

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Gore bike wear stuff is pretty good & well made & some Altura (which is cheaper) is quite well made & striking.

lunge

If you just want a cheap well fitted jersey then the Planet-X Primevera jerseys are brilliant for £10.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Thanks for the above. The Rapha looks nice and I suppose you get what you pay for.

MrSmith
    Free Member

La Passione. Made in Italy, nicely styled, well made and way cheaper than the media tosspot bike clobber of choice that is Rapha.
    I have loads of Rapha kit but it’s way overpriced compared to the quality you get from LeCol, Castelli, Santini, Sportful etc.
    (Yes I am a media tosspot)

fifeandy
    Free Member

@cloudnine, whilst perfetto is indeed a fab jersey, OP specified he wanted something that didnt need applying with a paint brush and shaving off afterwards.

@OP, for a more relaxed fit i’d be looking at dhb or mid-range gore kit.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Was thinking more about functionality than fit. Could always size up to get a more relaxed fit.
    IMO you can’t beat the perfetto or blaze as versatile 3 season comfortable jerseys

joat

Take a look at the new Sportful Giara range, made for gravel and more relaxed riding.

nathb
    Free Member

I’ve got a few Rapha things, my latest was a Rapha Core long sleeve – £50 and very comfortable.

Also have a Torm long sleeve jersey and highly recommend!

Can’t go wrong with either.

if you do go for Torm I’d recommend downsizing first.

onandon
    Free Member

I have a bunch of Castilli and but my fave are stolen goat.

The fit if torm is jus strange for me. Either too big or too small , nothing perfect.

Morvelo, just shit in my experience. Fit and fabric are both awful.

The gabba 2 is still a fantastic all rounder . Still better than the perfecto in my opinion.

antigee

ground effect stuff from NZ is a little less trad road – bought one of thier rock lobster uv long sleeve road tops and it has worn really well and is very quick drying and would replace without question

https://www.groundeffect.co.nz/collections/all-products/road?page=1

guess will need to add VAT?

other than that tend to favour Gore and Pearl Izumi

onandon
    Free Member

If you do fancy rapha – 20% off with FLANDERS20

deepreddave
    Free Member

Think sale sizes are pretty limited at the moment but worth keeping an eye out for much vfm.
    Polaris

chakaping
    Free Member

Assuming you want something with a bit of warmth, I really like the hybrid style jerseys with windproof material on the front.

Size up on this…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-fs260-pro-jetstream-iii-jersey-ss16/rp-prod91322

Total bargain at that price and mine has quickly become my most-worn jersey.

gfrew88
    Free Member

morello stuff is good

aP
    Free Member

Road oriented brands that I like (and buy) include:
    Pedal Ed
    rapha
    Castelli
    sportful
    assos

Sizing from each of them, of course, is different – sometimes its very different between items from the same brand.

dragon
    Free Member

Quite like merino. The Alpkit ones I have at the moment are rubbish when they get wet/damp – go all baggy and turn to cardboard and rub.

So you don’t like merino, as in your 2nd sentence quoted you’ve pointed out all the problems with it.

If you want value DHB is hard to beat, if you have more money to throw around then Castelli, Sportful, Assos or Rapha.

swanny853

stolen goat

Seconded, lovely kit. Well, I’ve had the gabba-a-like as the weather has improved this year and it’s been great as a cold weather short sleeve jersey. The only reason I didn’t take a summer jersey home too was I didn’t have room in my pockets. Check sizing though, the race cut ones are very much that, I was a size up compared to the ‘everyday cut’.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

My one Rapha Festive 500 Core long sleeve jersey

well if you will buy from the Rapha ‘pov’ range… 😀

Quite like merino. The Alpkit ones I have at the moment are rubbish when they get wet/damp – go all baggy and turn to cardboard and rub.

Rapha merino is like sportswool – blend of merino and synthetic – and doesn’t do this. It’s expensive at rrp, I got all my stuff in their sales (usually half price by the end of January) but I’ve gone from a hater to owning 6 merino jerseys, a pair of pro bib shorts, a gilet…

Bought Morvelo and Shutt VR, both went back without the tags coming off, really poor quality fit and finish.

I have a Jura which is on a par with Rapha quality-wise but it’s a non-riding jersey.

StuF

In true stw recommend what you’ve got style

I really rate the Stolen Goat stuff, also the jersey’s from ridemaratona.com which is very similar – I guess both come out of the BioRacer factory

shortcut

This is quite an interesting thread. A couple of years ago there would have been a lot of love for Endura to be fair to them their kit is excellent.

I have been wearing quite a lot of Pearl Izumi kit of late (I am one of their champions) and I really like it so definitely worth a look along with some of the other suggestions. I am also a big fan of Cycology jerseys and don’t get on with Morvelo on the grounds that the pockets come too high up your back and are therefore challenging to access.

wilburt
    Free Member

A couple of years ago there would have been a lot of love for Endura

Only from MTBers for their baggy shorts, everything I’ve had from them has fallen apart at the seams.

Suggestion is their quality has actually improved in the last year or so.

greentricky
    Free Member

Really like my Polaris sale adventure and tornado long sleeve jerseys

Galibier make some great stuff at a good price

If you want Rapha, they have the Brevet combo in the sale at the moment for 20% off and then you can use the code above to get another 20% off, almost giving it to you for Rapha

chakaping
    Free Member

Only from MTBers for their baggy shorts, everything I’ve had from them has fallen apart at the seams.

Suggestion is their quality has actually improved in the last year or so.

I have been quite critical in the past, but that jersey I linked on the previous page is very nicely put together.

Half tempted to get another one actually.

TheGingerOne

I’ve been disappointed with Morvelo quality unfortunately. Returned a jersey as the zip didn’t actually close properly, it just re-opened. Also had a t-shirt where the hem was only half stitched.

I’ve also gone through all the sizing and quality issues with Endura, and I’m afraid they have lost me for good. Not willing to chance them again

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

found it interesting that there is so much love for the “half price Endura” thread with peeps saying their bibs are the best ever, when every other review/comment I read on here is really negative about them.

As above the Flanders20 rapha code seems to work on some reduced/promoted items but not others (won’t work in their reduced merino base layers but has worked on their promoted Canyon/Sram womens’ stuff).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a roady type jersey.’ is closed to new replies.