Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a rear tyre..
  • PrinceJohn

After slicing 2 rear tyres beyond repair in the last week, what are the tougher tubeless tyes out there?

The tyres in question are a WTB Trail boss & a Schwalbe Rock Razor… thanks!

funkrodent

I’ve a conti mountain king protection that’s been ridden badly on some fairly unforgiving terrain and is yet to puncture, let alone tear. The Maxxis DHRs are meant to be a good all round rear tyre too.

qwerty
    Free Member

Was the Trail Boss the “tough” version? If so i think you’ll be hard pushed unless you look at DH carcasses.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Bonty SE2,3 or 4.  Tough sidewalls.

philjunior
    Free Member

Depends how you’re slicing them. Is it pinching on rocks, or is it just sharp rocks?

Pinching – put procore or similar in, and run whatever tyre you like.

Sharp rocks – go for progressively more reinforced carcasses until it stops, or put it down to bad luck and try not to scrape the tyre off sharp rocks in future.

jamesoz

Without knowing what casings you’ve tried it’s all guesswork. As said the WTB Trail  Boss Tough casing is pretty heavy duty and bloody heavy.

The-Duke

I’ve been impressed with the new specialized gripton tyres. Using a butcher up front and slaughter rear both grid casing and they feel tougher than maxxis exo

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

As also mentioned above: Mountain King II protection might be an option.

Have this tyre as “rear tyre” on one of my bikes. No punctures or other failures so far.

Grip is not so great.

fatmountain
    Free Member

WTB Ranger “Tough” & hard/fast.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a rear tyre..’ is closed to new replies.