Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a pub in sheffield and somewhere to get passable food.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Somewhere reasonably close to the centre or the English Institute of Sport would be good thanks.

alexpalacefan

You want the Fat Cat, or maybe it’s trendier brother the Devonshire Cat.

APF

Pieface

Attercliffe has plenty of entertaining pubs

sparkyrhino

Manor top wmc

jimmy

I’ve heard Omega Suite does a nice line in creamy buns.

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Dev Cat +1
    But you can’t really go to Sheff and not go to the Forum.

At the other end of the spectrum the Wentworth just up the Road from EIS towards Meadow Hell used to be good for a swift pint and burger and chips at lunch. Not been for a couple of years or in the evening thoug so no gaurantees.

finbar
    Free Member

The MIlestone is out towards the EIS. Gastropub that’s won quite a lot of awards.

Home

Nowhere near EIS, but Ecclesall Road is worth a look. Drive/bus along from centre of Sheff and see what takes your fancy – plenty on offer. The Botanical Gardens are just round the corner too if that’s your thing, as well as Division St & the Forum as previously mentioned.

Pook

the hop beats the forum hands down these days. And its only 200 yards up the road. They do pies and real ale.

Murray

Glad to see the Fat Cat’s still doing well. Had my first raspberry beer there in the 80s.

scunny
    Free Member

Tried West end on Glossop road the other week, cheap but surprisingly tasty pub food (burgers/sausages etc).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a pub in sheffield and somewhere to get passable food.’ is closed to new replies.