Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • grum
    Free Member

Has no one whinged about Dallaglio’s ‘not to take anything away from Wales but for me the big story is England’ comments in the post match analysis? Thought that would get them going in the colonies. 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Congrats to Wales who’ve been the class act of the tournament.

I was really surprised at England’s gradual dismantling of Ireland today. I’ve not seen a front row so massively outclassed in the 6 nations for along time. How Court didn’t get a yellow after conceding so many penalties in the scrum I find somewhat baffling.

Scotland could enter Masterchef next year with the number of wooden spoons they’re accumulating.

duckman

muddydwarf – Member
    Who the hell would want the Scotland job now though?

Dunno, some ambitious coach who fancies the salary and living in Edinburgh? I can think of one right away who wouldn’t even have to move house….And as for the weather; Much nicer in the Midlands is it?

davidjones15
    Free Member

It’s a shame that the Irish gave away so many penalties, it was almost as if they couldn’t be arsed, still England worked had in getting the ball over the bar. 😉

Albanach
    Free Member

Would have loved to see England take the scrum again and humiliate the Ireland pack even more instead of taking the shot at goal near the end of the game. The Irish co-commentator said it would have been “unsporting” (or something like that) for England to do so – my feeling is that if that was South Africa or New Zealand scrummaging like that they would have taken every opportunity to destroy the opposition scrum and try and go for another series of penalties and maybe a pushover/penalty try given that the match was already won and the extra 3 points were unnecessary.

anagallis_arvensis

Well AA, I’m Scottish so used to it,I take it with humour as it is only a game.IMO,you should enjoy your time in the spotlight.(Which I would be doing,rather than trying to troll on the internet.) However,one wee streak in the fake tan; as you will no doubt be well aware of,there are dark days ahead for the wrfu because of their inability to count how much money they have. So I would be careful about the usual bile you display about “hating” other home nations,especially England, as it will come back to bite you.

fairs fair where have i displayed this hate. Saying england played appalling rugby and acted like idiots at the world cup isnt hate. I like to see england lose to most teams doesnt mean its hate. Just because i have said scotland have few quality players isnt about hate its just a fact. Taking the piss out of The Chief Deck Chair Arranger TJ doesnt mean i hate anyone. Get a grip of yourself.

boxfish
    Free Member

Oh Jeez, I feel rough. So much beer.

Great performance by Wales.
    England’s front row were fantastic.
    Can’t think of anything positive to say about Scotland.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Has no one whinged about Dallaglio’s ‘not to take anything away from Wales but for me the big story is England’ comments in the post match analysis? Thought that would get them going in the colonies.

It’s a back handed compliment…he is simply stating that Wales are unarguably top dogs. NZ winning world cup is not a story, Wales winning another Grand Slam is not a story…England not imploding is however a story.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Would have loved to see England take the scrum again and humiliate the Ireland pack even more instead of taking the shot at goal near the end of the game. The Irish co-commentator said it would have been “unsporting” (or something like that) for England to do so – my feeling is that if that was South Africa or New Zealand scrummaging like that they would have taken every opportunity to destroy the opposition scrum and try and go for another series of penalties and maybe a pushover/penalty try given that the match was already won and the extra 3 points were unnecessary.

aye – similarly Wales let England off the hook in a similar fashion…they should have taken the scrum and prison shamed the pack under their own posts at HQ…as you say NZ/boks wouldn’t let them off like that.

boxfish
    Free Member

surely one of the easier slams to get as the rest of teh sides were fairly below par.

Yawn. Predictable comment. You hear it every time a team wins a Slam.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Dunno, some ambitious coach who fancies the salary and living in Edinburgh? I can think of one right away who wouldn’t even have to move house….And as for the weather; Much nicer in the Midlands is it?

That’s kinda my point, the next will have to be a Scotsman i reckon. Both for National pride and that the job is now unlikely to attract top-drawer foreign coaches. Italy lose just as much but at least you get to live in Rome in the sunshine. I can’t see how Andy Robinson can keep his job now but if the SRFU can’t afford to pay him you might be stuck with him.

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t you forget our bet for next year a_a.
    It’s always been fun pointing at the scots and laughing when they finish last but this time is different.
    They were so bad yesterday, i dont think i can remember a worse 6n performance. It’s not good for any of the home nations to see one team in such obvious disarray.
    Yet before the Italy game they did play some good rugby, they ran the welsh nd english very close indeed. They seem to have given up, which is a morale and pride issue. Not something the uncharismatic AR is renowned for installing.
    Maybe you could chip in and get that SAS bloke to garrotte him?

surely one of the easier slams to get as the rest of teh sides were fairly below par.
    Yawn. Predictable comment. You hear it every time a team wins a Slam.

He’s right though, Wales will never have an easier GS.

Scamper
    Free Member

Well done Wales – grand slams are so hard to win. Even England have only 1 since 1995.

For me, more impressive than the England scrum was the Welsh shunting the french back a few metres.

wrecker
    Free Member

Scamper, do glaws fans have a problem with the England team generally?
    I only ask as a workmate is an avid glaws boy (even goes to the euro away games) and has no interest in England at all (which puzzled me somewhat), and I’ve not seen a positive England comment from you either?

Scamper
    Free Member

I think my comments are quite even handed. Considering i’m Welsh. By suggesting that “even” England have only won once since 1995 is recognising they have had some pretty decent teams since and not managed it.

Regarding rugby starting and finishing at Kingsholm there is a bit of truth in that, but could be applied to other fans. I suppose its due to a few reasons including having a greater than average emotional and financial connection week in week out with something. And not bloody winning much. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

He’s right though, Wales will never have an easier GS.

appart from the last two and the next one whenever that msy be.
    So pleased Ryan Jones and Ian Evans played such big parts, those two desrve it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

One obvious conclusion from this 6N is the importance of early momentum – first weekend could have been very different and imagine how that would have played out!!

whytetrash

Has no one whinged about Dallaglio’s ‘not to take anything away from Wales but for me the big story is England

We are used to it TBH, that’s just how one sided the English dominated media is 😆

Agree it was one of our easier grand slams, last one involved 3 away games…Believe England have never managed one of those?

We won…nothing else matters, though some moments of brilliance will live on in the memories and replays for a long time 😆

zokes
    Free Member

We are used to it TBH, that’s just how one sided the English dominated media is

The British media has to cater to 60m people, of whom roughly 50m are English.

Anyway…

Kudos to Wales for pulling it off, really struggled today between wanting France to muller them incase England pulled the hat out of the bag that they did, and the best team getting its well deserved reward. The mark of a good team is still being able to win when things aren’t going too well – Wales did this when England couldn’t. As it turned out, that was probably the point at which the championship was decided.

So hats off to Wales, but as an Englishman I think I can be quite happy with the rate of improvement since the dismal WC. I just hope RA sees sense and we get to keep Lancaster – I can’t think of any team that’s turned around that quickly (especially given how dire we were in the first two 6N matches too)…

anagallis_arvensis

Dilly Dally is great, he doesnt even try to apear to care about the other teams and every year he will say at the start well as every year its going to be between england and france or the key game will be england france. He apparently hasnt noticed that england havent done so well since he retired.

anagallis_arvensis

Just been watching the england game. Wonder if anything will come from the alledged biting? Seems clear who they were accusing, with his history he had better hope theres no evidence.

wrecker
    Free Member

Scampers comments now make sense!

Scamper
    Free Member

For all his praise on England Dallaglio only still has 2 england players in his Lions team as the team is greater than the sum of its parts.

duckman

fairs fair where have i displayed this hate.

I based that comment on you posting it last year on the 6N thread,and your almost obsessive interest in the behaviour of the English team at the WC,to the point of banging on about it on this 6N thread.But I suppose that must be you using the Cardiff defense. Your first post after your team won a GS was to call Brian Moore a prick. Am I the only person to call you one-eyed on here? Actually cheer me up, post your theory on relegation from the 6N again.

Anyway,one and all, it’s been fun again,can’t even recall an attempted bit of input from any of the “big hitters” (tj and flash excepted)* upset that there is a 60 odd page thread that they are not involved in. And thanks to the England supporters for being gentle 😳

*My humble apologies to any would-be big hitters who have taken part and I have not recognised their gravitas

anagallis_arvensis

Oh right Ducky

Wrecker he’s no bigger a knob than Moore is when England are playing

Responding to the English having a hissy fit over a welshman daring to be happy about a Welsh Grand Slam on the telly. Thtas hardly calling him a prick, get your facts straight, if you are going to get precious.

Actually cheer me up, post your theory on relegation from the 6N again.

Have no idea what you are on about here fella.

your almost obsessive interest in the behaviour of the English team at the WC,to the point of banging on about it on this 6N thread

Watching a rival team, who should be right up there with the best in Europe, be a poorly coached rabble both on the pitch and off and finding it quite amusing is hardly the same thing as hate but you clearly lack something a perspective.

For example finding this exceptionally funny doesnt mean I hate the english

What was Dilly Dally’s Lions 15? Here is a final one from me:

15 Dont Know, Kearney missing the tackle on Grey has put me right off, Fodens done nothing and I still dont think 1/2p is a 15 so Hogg it is by default.
    14 Bowe
    13 Tuilagi
    12 Davis
    11 North
    10 Farrel
    9 Phillips
    8 Morgan is he gets a bit fitter
    7 Well Warbs not played enough, Rennie rubbish against Italy, few other pure 7’s so I’m going Faletau, he was very good second half v France
    6 Lydiate
    5 Grey
    4 POC/ D Ryan
    3 Adam
    2erm, was Ford but he was awful, so Best it is.
    1 Gethin

wrecker
    Free Member

Responding to the English having a hissy fit over a welshman daring to be happy about a Welsh Grand Slam on the telly

Hardly, I don’t pretend to represent the English nation and my dislike of Davies is not based on a single occurrence so I’ll thank you not to misrepresent what I have said. Dude.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sorry to change the subject but Ive just been seen on ITV Wales New singing my heart out in my local, missed it myself so recording it on Channel 131 when its repeated on ITV Wales +1, glad they didnnt show the interview they did with me 😳

Scamper
    Free Member

Met Davies several times on my rugby travels. Came across as a very nice bloke.

Once he was sat next to my group on the plane over to Paris and my mate asked him “Jonathan, we have a sweepstake on what colour tie you will be wearing on the commentary tomorrow. Have any pointers for me?”

anagallis_arvensis

Hardly, I don’t pretend to represent the English nation and my dislike of Davies is not based on a single occurrence so I’ll thank you not to misrepresent what I have said. Dude.

My recollection was that it was more than just you wrecker so it wasnt directed at you specifically, and I am fairly certain it would take a specially kind of person to think I was talking about the english as a nation given the way I typed it, rather than just the people having kittens over Jiffy being Jiffy on this thread.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have met dallaglio and being an absolute gent, he humoured a worse for wear (and starstuck) west country boy.
    I do not expect this story to change anyone’s mind about him though.
    Funnily, I didn’t listen to a word of Davies’ commentary on Saturday either.

anagallis_arvensis

I met Clive Woodward and he was actually alright….

duckman

Yawn A-A, doesn’t matter how you try to dress it up,you are the one missing perspective. That would be why people call you one-eyed (wonder why you didn’t quote that in your reply?)BTW, Wales won the Grand Slam, does that make you happy? Or are you so disappointed in the way England took the Irish forwards apart that it is spoilt for you?

In other news which will please TJ; Robinson has a contract till 2015, which means we will be shot of him in an hour and 10 minutes. Boomtish!

anagallis_arvensis

NUMBERS!!
    BANG!!
    GOT TO GO RIGHT!!!
    squeak
    ITS ON IF THEY GO LEFT
    squeak squeak
    GO ON squeak

Cant imagine why you dont like him!!

Certainly I find it funnier than Brian, that put in wasnt straight, Moore.

Or are you so disappointed in the way England took the Irish forwards apart that it is spoilt for you?

Nope I didnt watch the game until today, I enjoyed it seeing as how England were on the backfoot agaisnt Wales. I think I even said on this thread I wanted to see England win as the Irish chopsing before the match was annoying (and yes I know that dull Kiwi coach we have has very similar form on that matter)

anagallis_arvensis

Someone mentioned they would have to take Healey out of their Lions team based on ysterday but he was a complete passenger. Corbisero drove in and Ross couldnt deal with it whilst Court (usually a loosehead) didnt get close to stopping it. Reminded me of Vickery and the Beast. When a tighthead gets comprhensively done like that the loosehead can do nothing whatsoever to help.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXmC_fku15Y[/video]

highlights the thinking behind 23 man matchday squads.

wrecker
    Free Member

And a brilliant demonstration of why corbs should be in the team ahead of Healy. I’m predicting great things from this young man.
    Just looking at your lions squad. Like the look of the backs, forwards aren’t my cup of tea though…..

loum
    Free Member

I have to admit I was suffering a bit yesterday, and at the time that comment made sense.
    Had a good look at it now, and the problems came mostly through Corbisiero, on Court, and I’m not really blaming Healy. Ross almost coped, and got injured at some point, but Tom Court got destroyed. The problem is he got isolated, and I am disapointed that Ireland’s pack (as a unit) didn’t find a response – the scrum’s an eight man job.
    I’m also not too impressed with Rory Best or O’Callaghan, the two players binding closest, and with most experience. They have to take a lot of responsibility, 140+ caps between them, but didn’t really help. Think the team lacked a bit of POC’s leadership and will to sort it out. For me, Best’s just had his worst game (straight after his best) and played his way out of Lion’s XV contention. If he can’t make that experience count against a relatively inexperienced opposition when his team-mate desperatly needs help, its not good enough, and then there’s no reason to split the Ford-Grey linout winning combo.
    Back to Healy: stil a good upcoming prop, but not the scrummaging expert. The youngest and least experienced of the Irish front row so not really the man to take the stick for yesterday. However, he’ll learn a lot more from yesterday than an easy game, and it will make him a better player.
    Despite all my moaning, got to take my hat off to Corbisiero and Cole (& Rowntree). Top performances. Props for next year’s tour with Jones, Jenkins, and Healy.

duckman

Discussion over props or not, one person should definitely be on the plane; Graeme Rowntree. Six weeks of working with him and two guys who are not first choice at their own clubs are both international class.

zokes
    Free Member

Duckman +lots!

anagallis_arvensis

Prop choice for lions will depend on if its 22 or 23 man squads. If its 23 you can pick the for best, if 22 then a loosehead who wont get bent in half at tghthead is needed like Paul James or Matt Stevens is needed.

Scamper
    Free Member

To be fair, Ross apparently buggered his neck up in the first scrum, and was struggling until he went off in the first half.

Even so, Rowntree has evidently done something different in the last couple of months to make a difference.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.