Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a phone mount for the bike.
  • Bazz

I’ve been playing around with Komoot and decided i can probably live with using the app on my phone until i can save up for a Garmin, but now I need to mount the phone on the bike, preferably in the middle so that the stem provides some support because my phone is a bit of a lump (Ulefone Armor 6).

Had a bit of a look round at some of the pricier end of the market but i don’t think they are going to work as they mostly seem to be for Apple or Samsung and require a case for the phone.

At the other end of the market there are hundreds on Amazon or Ebay, but having never had one before it’s hard to sort the wheat from the chaff with regards to brands or features.

Whats good, or at least not terrible? Thanks.

longdog
    Free Member

I’ve been using one like this for years (got two) with blackview 5900,so not the smallest lightest phone.

nickyboy36

I know they are pricey but I would highly recommend Quadlock.

jp-t853

I use one like the above. The mounting strap rotates so like you suggest I put that around the stem and the stem supports the phone. I had to put some rubber/foam between the mount and the stem to keep it still and absorb shock. It is still not great for rough off road though.

chaos

Topeak smartphone drybag? it’s listed with iphone sizes but it’s a fairly generic thing so check the dimensions.

Bazz

I’d happily fork out for the quadlock system, but it won’t work with my phone as it has a built in rubber case, and quadlock won’t adhere to rubber☹

a11y

Cut a hole in the rubber case and stick the mount direct to the phone? That’s what I did with my universal Quadlock setup.

kwack
    Free Member

You can just buy the quadlock attachment to fit to the back of any case. it sticks on and I’ve never had any issues with it attached to my car or motorbike using the appropriate mount

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Topeak smartphone drybag?

This. Though it’s a pita in the wet.

welshfarmer

Syntace do a very nice, very expensive bit of kit to mount a phone, though you also need to buy their stem which puts the package then about £200 all up! 🙂

Bazz

Thanks for all the suggestions, I can’t seem to source a case for my phone and as it is one of those rugged phones that is built into a case cutting holes in the actual phone doesn’t appeal to me, so the quadlock is out.

I have found one on Amazon from a company called Bone, looks as though it should do the job.

@welshfarmer
    if i had that much money to play with i’d just buy a Garmin!

simon_g

Decathlon do a stick on Garmin compatible mount too: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/universal-adhesive-garmin-adapter-for-smartphones/_/R-p-301200?mc=8500817

Cannot recommend this one, it was ok for Zwift at home but it launched my phone into a canal the only time I used it outside. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07D2ZM99V?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.