Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a non-creaky saddle.
  • weeksy

I’ve always been an advocate of the Spoon/Flux saddles, but mine over the years have creaked… sometimes a clean of the rails will sort, sometimes a squirt of GT-85 down the ends of the rails, but often, nothing will. It’s not a constant creak, but occasional… and it irritates me.

So i’m after a non-creaky MTB saddle that’s reasonable money and reasonably comfortable.

I’ve currently fitted the Whyte that came with my bike and i’m in blissful silence now 🙂 but i don’t expect it to be forever.

If anyone wants a slightly creaky Flux/Spoon i’ve got 3… £10 each lol

rone

Yep me too.

All my favourites creak. WTB, fabric. And the expensive models.

DezB
    Free Member

Never had a WTB creak and I’ve had loads. Got Silverados on both bikes.
    My son likes Syncros ones (OEM on Scott bikes) and not had a creaker as yet, even though they’ve been bought used off Ebay.

rone

I’ve had all the high end WTB, so has GF. Probably 20+ saddles. Every single one has creaked.

WTB Rocket V SLT was my favourite saddle of all time. Had 5.

They do take about a year but they do creak.

jameso

Wax lube sorts it ime. Finish Line dry, etc.

joebristol

I’ve never had an SDG Bel Air saddle creak – I’ve got 3 at the moment across my bikes. 1 is a really 90’s looking one I got for a tenner off eBay, one is a newish (year old) steel tailed model and the other is the ti railed model with Kevlar sides that I’ve probably had about 4 years or so.

Saddles are personal choice though so what I may find comfy might not be comfy for you. There is an old style model and a bel air 2 – the 3 version is lighter and more cut away but I haven’t tried it yet.

One of my bikes came with a Fabric Scoop which wasn’t too bad comfort wise but that started creaking so I swapped it out for the Bel Air as I knew it fitted me well.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve SDG Circuits on two of my bikes (Solaris and the fat bike). That on the Solaris has never creaked in two years. That on the fat bike began creaking last week up in Scotland, not just the odd creak but constantly, then on a wet day, like a really wet day, the creaking stopped. Got back home and took the saddle off and cleaned everything up, greased the rails and put back together and no creaking.

The slots in the clamp where the saddle rails go were full of grit and sand so no wonder there was a racket coming from it. The reason the saddle on the Solaris isn’t creaking is that I’ve a Mudhugger mudguard on that bike so a lot less crap gets to the seat post/saddle area.

weeksy

They do take about a year but they do creak.

I can live with a year ! Hell the latest Flux took about 3 weeks before it started !

rone

I can live with a year ! Hell the latest Flux took about 3 weeks before it started

Fair enough. Then I put them on ebay.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Any further thoughts on this, ? I’m in the same situation, a charge spoon plus a flux saddle on each of my bikes and…the creaking is driving me bonkers.

What about Ergon, or the silly expensive Specialized saddles..?

weeksy

i bought a WTB jobbie from CRC for not silly money. It’s a strange one as it seems MASSIVE and spongey, but then when you sit on it, it’s not. But it is currently silent and reasonably comfy. So i’m happy at the moment.

noltae
    Free Member

What about one of those really expensive Fabric ALM saddles ? Not tried one myself but according to the spec the saddle is constructed out of one piece of carbon thus eliminating the usual rail / carcass interface- The bit does the creaking ..

scotroutes

I like the Spoon/Flux but find the padding only lasts a couple of thousand km.

The Specialized Phenom in 143mm width is almost identical in shape but will outlast a Spoon/Flux several times over, so is better value in the long term.

I also currently have two BelAirs, neither of which have ever creaked

rone

What about one of those really expensive Fabric ALM saddles

Had two of those.

Actually creaked but this was more the rail seat post bit. Just needed carbon paste.

They are far from comfy though.

gasgasser
    Free Member

Specialized Henge 143 has always been creak free and comfortable for me if that’s any help

weeksy

Looking now I don’t actually think it was my saddle but the funny weird Whyte clamp system that was the issue. I got it again with a new saddle, then stuck my hand where post clamps and you could hear and feel the creaking.
    The clamp is push fit, so took it out, cleaned it all and I think I have silence now.
    It also means I’ve got enough saddles for the next 4 years lol.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a non-creaky saddle.’ is closed to new replies.