• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by jag61.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recommend me a Lake District photographer!
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Have a big blank wall that i fancy putting up a nice big lakeland print on. I have a couple from Jon Allison but he’s no longer selling them framed plus his B&W collection is a bit small 🙁

So the brief is that it must be available to buy online, framed, black and white and a good size.

What ya got?

duncancallum

James Vincent of this parish is an exceptional camera guy. As a bonus you might get a bike in the frame too

crazy-legs

Follow @lakedistrictcumbria on Instagram. They feature the work of loads of people, many of them professional photographers (or at least people who are good enough to have a sideline in selling their pics occasionally, even if it isn’t their main income).

@stonetoolsrob is one of their regulars, he sells some of his prints.
    @stuartmcglennon as well (he is professional there’s a link to his shop on his IG profile).

Both Lake District based.

Houns
    Blackflag
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Appreciated.

rogermoore

These are from a friend’s dad, did some prints and framing for the missus’ sister and they were top notch.
    RM.

postierich
    Free Member

Brother of a friend I have a couple of his prints

https://www.jamesbellphotography.co.uk

James Vincent is a good shout.

fathomer

Pete Tasker has always had some nice pictures when we’ve nosed in the Keswick gallery.

I’ve always wanted the Hole in the Wall photo.

lunge

She’s Birmingham based, but Verity Milligan takes some stunning pics of the area.

StirlingCrispin

Capt Kronos of this parish – does that kinda thing.

Just moved north but lived in the Lakes for years.

https://www.waywardspirit.com/panoramics

TomB

Tom Mcnally- good guy, great photographer.

NewRetroTom

I’ll second Stewart Smith. He’s a friend of a friend and a lovely guy. Some stunning images on that site ^

scuttler
    justinbieber

Evening, James Vincent here! I’m honoured to be named in such prestigious company, so thank you to everyone who’s mentioned me.

I tend to do more commercial and editorial work so I haven’t got a print shop set up, but I’ll happily have a trawl through my library and see what I’ve got. I’ll also have more images with bikes in if that takes your fancy? In particular, I could do you a print of some of the covers I’ve shot (issue 134 and 132 are my most recent Lakes covers).

Failing that, you couldn’t go wrong with any of the names mentioned above, it just depends on what sort of thing you’re after as they’ve all got quite different styles.

Cheers

Tom-B
    Free Member

Andrew Barlow…..a former student of mine and he moved to the Lakes a few year ago. Prior to that he did so incredible Urbex stuff.

scuttler

Shit. Following on from DrP being a real Dr, I assumed we had real Justin Bieber on here and it turns out he’s a poxy Lakes ridin’ cover shootin’ photographer. Ruined my Friday night… 🤪

Tom-B
    Free Member

Same, I’m still holding out that Cougar is a promiscuous middle-aged woman though.

justinbieber

Believe me, I’m as disappointed as you lot

lapierrelady

James Appleton is another good one to browse if landscapes are your thing.

mrb123
    Free Member

20210130_085802

Our Pete Tasker pic, Innominate Tarn and Great Gable.

ElShalimo

@Tom-B I’ve met @Cougar in an Asda carpark  on a foul winters day. The rumours are true, he is a gifted and generous lover

Cougar

… with a great rack.

ElShalimo

Grrrrrr

ElShalimo

Slight detour: can anyone recommend a photographer for Coigach & Assynt? I’m looking for a nice landscape for home

mrb123
    Free Member

Colin Prior?

ampthill

I rate John Leech who is an online mate

Loads more on Flickr which i Can’t get a link to. But just search by name of you’ve interested

jag61

Premier Icon
    Tom-B
    Free Member

Same, I’m still holding out that Cougar is a promiscuous middle-aged woman though.

May have to be a bit more than middle aged to meet that definition with ste demographic 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Lake District photographer!’ is closed to new replies.