Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a hardtail frame
  • RS4KEV

Recently sold a FS frame and thinking of building an AM hardtail with the bits. So recommend me a frame (M/L) with

> 140mm fox 32 TAPERED forks
    > 26″ wheels
    > 30.9 or larger seatpost

or do i just sell that lot and buy a short travel one. mmm…

Ta

Kev

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Exactly what I’ve just done. I’ve gone for the Mk3 Dialled Alpine.

Can not wait!

nickc

Bfe, Soul, Apline, Slackline, Shan, 456evo, C456…

There are loads that would be ace.

binners

If you haven’t already owned a Santa Cruz Chameleon, then you really really should! Everyone should have one at some point. Basically the best hardtail frame ever made EVER!

iainc

I have had my soul for 4 months now and not missing FS one bit. Lovely ride, although I am on 120 tapered Reba’s. I think the BFe would be ideal at 140 for bigger stuff

chives
    Free Member

Interesting how folk always suggest a Soul’s good at 120mm whilst a Bfe’s good at 140mm – given the two bikes share exactly the same geometry..

Soul for the win (Obviously, as that’s what I have). 🙂

colournoise

Cy reckons Soul is fine for up to 140 forks and associated mentalness of riding. Anything longer forkwise (up to 160) or bigger ridingwise he reckons the BFe is the tool. Thinks too many people (like me I guess) go for a BFe when a Soul would be a better bet for an all-rounder.

Having said that can’t fault my BFe as a jack of all trades mountain bike.

tymbian
    Free Member

+1 for the bFe.loving mine at 160mm

colournoise

Running mine at 130 BTW. Was running 150s but dropped them to sharpen things up a little.

stevede
    Free Member

Slackline, Alpine, BFe. I ride a slackline so am naturally biased towards that one. Won’t go wrong with the others though.

Northwind

Track down an Mmmbop? I wasn’t a fan of mine, ridiculously stiff but then some people like that (Stiffee, Chameleon, Sov etc) and everything else about it was brilliant.

I loved my Soul but I wouldn’t have got on with it, if it had fixed 140mm forks in.

moridinbg
    Free Member

C456 – Carbon 456.
    It happily goes 100 to 160mm. I got the impression from the internetz that it runs best around 140mm and got 140mm Revelations. Hated the bike for 3 months for anything more than light trail riding. Changed to 160mm Talas 36 and can’t be more happy with it charging up & down.

mangatank
    Free Member

I’m beginning to sound like a broken record but the new on one Ti456 Evo isn’t stupidly heavy and makes even an incompetent MTBer like me look like I know what I’m doing downhill. It’s one of those bikes that make you realise what you were missing out on. Fits your check list too.

Titanium… mmmmmm

RS4KEV

Lots of good suggestions there thanks. Off to trawl the interweb for any info/deals.

Thx

shortcut

Cove Stiffee is worth a look.

jonnyrockymountain

456ti fantastic value for money

mrmoofo

BFe ….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a hardtail frame’ is closed to new replies.