Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a front light for MTB/Night Gravel Rides?
  • lillski74
    Free Member

Be good to hear some recommended front light options for night riding ?

I currently have a cheap but very cheerful Cree LED Far East jobby. Actually a decent and powerful light but on its way out and I’ve been through a few of these now so would like to hear what decent longer lasting alternatives people are currently using ?

Budget within reason up to £150 (hope to get a Black Friday deal)

qwerty
    Free Member

For road / gravel use: Ravemen PR 1600 / 1200 @ £100.

For MTB off road: MTB Batteries Lumenator18 @ £115.

Or both!

MoreCashThanDash

Possibly over budget, though I got a deal on a previous years model, but I’m loving my Exposure Race.

montylikesbeer

Mtb batteries luminator is a fine bit of kit

Perhaps one of these for just a bit over

https://magicshineuk.com/collections/bike-headlights/products/magicshine%C2%AE-monteer-3500-mtb-headlight

p7eaven
    Free Member

More gravel/less MTB? Ravemen PR1200 is a lovely and refined bit of kit with many good useful features and generous runtimes on open terrain. Add maybe a half-decent helmet torch for gnarlier sections?

More MTB/less gravel? What qwerty said. Or have a read of the Bikehut/Halfords thread?

Bikehut 1600 Light

rOcKeTdOg

+1 for luminator

wildfires3

Budget you can’t beat Luminator to be honest.

I ride Four4th and they are awesome. Especially if you are doing short trail runs. Crank it up to max then back down.

lillski74
    Free Member

Thanks all – like the look of the luminator

redmex
    Free Member

That moonshine 3500 looks the dogs bollocks but I like the cateyes a 1200 and a 1700 both good and seconds to fit

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bontrager Elite excellent work great nice and compact.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a front light for MTB/Night Gravel Rides?’ is closed to new replies.