Home Forums Bike Forum Recommend me a bolt on top tube bag

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a bolt on top tube bag
  • dickie
    Free Member

Recommend me a bolt on top tube bag with removable straps. Its for a Specialized Diverge so the steer strap also needs to come off.

steezysix
    Free Member

Tailfin. No steerer strap needed as they are super stable. Just check the top tube bolt spacing on your frame first (based on that other thread…)

Happy with my Tailfin now I’ve made it fit. But the problem was the bike mounting bolts, not the bag

*Edit – see my other thread if you’re not sure 🙄

20240517_183335~2

demonracer

Camel chops would be my choice, they will make to your choice of colours and with custom spacing for the bolts.

burko73

I’ve got a salsa one that works without the strap. Waterproof seam welded with a waterproof zip. Not let me down yet. It has adjustable bolt holes if needed.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Specialized make one of there own for the Diverge.
    But I’ve not tried it yet

honourablegeorge

Minor thread hijack – I have a restrap bag for my Secan, which is fine (frame has no bolts) but it has no padding, so anything like keys tends to rattle on the frame over rough ground.

Does the Tailfin (strap version) have a bit of padding in the base, or any other recommendations?

bighairydel

The Tailfin is supplied with straps as well as direct mount and has a piece of like insole material to cushion the bottom to stop stuff rattling into your frame etc.

I have the small Tailfin one and is by far the best one I’ve seen or used. Pricey but worth it IMO.
    the only negative I have with mine is that the zip rattles, easily fixed by pushing the zip into the wee garage.

MoreCashThanDash

the only negative I have with mine is that the zip rattles, easily fixed by pushing the zip into the wee garage.

Or by buying the clip closure version, which offers better access when riding along

honourablegeorge

Thanks both, had an eye on the clip version

rak
    Free Member

The material at the bottom of top tube bags is good to stop stuff rattling, but items will still rattle against each other so you may need to stuff some material in there to stop that if it annoys you (my CO2 cylinders rattle against each other and against tools)

steezysix
    Free Member

I’d second the flip top version being better, but I believe they’ve redesigned the zip as the rattling was a common complaint!

@bighairydel
    – If you contact Tailfin I think they can send out new, non-rattley zip pulls.

dickie
    Free Member

@Orangeboy – thanks, we both have the Spesh version but the zip has failed on the wife’s & they have stopped making it.

honourablegeorge

@laserstoat – some neat features on that one, thank you

neila

The Tailfin is super stable, nicely finished and quite capacious, however; the supplied mounting hex bolts are gash. Mine wouldn’t engage with the installed mounts so I used some stainless steel ones from the bolt box.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.