Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend a sealant for road tubeless
  • Garry_Lager

I use Stans sealant in road tubeless and tubulars, and a few times now I’ve punctured, sealed no problem to continue riding, but the sealed hole can only take so much pressure. So get home and you can only re-inflate to 40-50 psi before the seal fails (I’m talking about really small punctures here, as well – not obvious rips in the tyre).

Do you reckon a different sealant would perform better? Or just a fact of life that tyres run at 80-100 psi will need patching and you can’t rely on sealant to plug holes long term. I use tufo extreme as a repair sealant for tubs and that stuff seems a lot stronger, but it’s only sold in small amounts and is not meant for general sloshing around the tyre use.

cp

Schwalbe doc blue working very well for me.

hatter

High pressure is a challenge for tubeless

For me Dynaplugs seem to be the solution for larger holes, the sealant will keep the leakage under control and allow you to ride til where you you can stop safely and stick a Dynaplug in there to stop it up properly.

Keen to try the Finishline sealant when it arrives, in theory the kevlar strands it uses will act almost like a liquid Dynaplug and be much better at holding high pressures than latex-based jobbies.

Time will tell.

simondbarnes

Have had a road tubeless tyre sat in the workshop for a week and a half at over 80psi with a large hole sealed by Finish Line sealant. Stans just kept pissing out.

hatter

OOoooooo, looks like my armchair theory may have been accurate.

Almost finished my big bottle of Revoseal so good timing too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a sealant for road tubeless’ is closed to new replies.