Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recent Arnold Clarke customers – massive data breach.
  • tthew

Apparently the whole of Arnold Clarkes computer system has been hit by one of those ransomware attacks. All customer data has been compromised Someone I know who works for a supplier can’t even e-mail their contacts because its all still knackered.

Just be aware of phishing attempts if you get any contact from them.

duncancallum

If you’ve bought a car from Arnold Shark you’ve already been scammed

a11y

Any Arnold Clark customer has already been done over, regardless of any data breach and phishing.

Edit – beaten to it!

maccruiskeen

Ah – that makes sense – on the hire side all their email and phone lines have been down since the start of the year – back to pen and paper for making out hire contracts when I’ve picked up – the staff had plenty of time on their hands as emailed bookings never appeared and if you tried to phone the hire desk it came up as number not known – so a bit quiet 🙂

It’ll be interesting to see if they manage to invoice me!

matt_outandabout

If you’ve bought a car from Arnold Shark you’ve already been scammed

Only if you expect anything more than a cheap car. Just don’t expect any “customer service” from them….ever. and certainty don’t get them to service your car. Ever.
    But they are cheap to buy from.

As you can tell, I’m a customer from June last year.

matt_outandabout

To add: when was the data grabbed?

I had a compromised credit card over Christmas period…. And we rarely use it, but I did pay the car deposit on it

jca

had a compromised credit card over Christmas period….

Did Mrs OAB get hold of it?

frankconway

Hack was late on 23 Dec.

matt_outandabout

Hack was late on 23 Dec.

Ah, ok, it wasn’t them then. Just looked and it was 20th I had a call from the bank about a £400 trip on Pakistan railways…

matt_outandabout

Did Mrs OAB get hold of it?

😆

maccruiskeen

To add: when was the data grabbed?

I had a compromised credit card over Christmas period….

Just before Christmas it seems

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for this, MrsMC uses them for hire cars for work

rockhopper70

Just to remind anyone concerned

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Bang your email in here and it should return any vulnerabilities or data breaches where your email and associated data may have been compromised.

bentudder

Bang your email in here and it should return any vulnerabilities or data breaches where your email and associated data may have been compromised.

That are known of, is the key thing to point out here. Some breaches go unobserved or unreported, and those won’t be in the database.

footflaps

Does anyone have an email that isn’t in that list already?

So many major companies have been breached over the years that any email older than 5 years must be in there by default….

squirrelking
    Free Member

certainty don’t get them to service your car. Ever.

Meh, it keeps the stamp in the book, 12.5k intervals are silly so I’d be doing a mid oil and filter service anyway.

matt_outandabout

Meh, it keeps the stamp in the book,

As does my independent garage.

Who don’t send the car out the garage 3, yes THREE, times having underfilled coolant.
    They also don’t break a headlamp while replacing an airbag.
    And they don’t tell me while doing said airbag that all my brakes look worn…(when they were replaced a couple of months before).

scuttler

Hack was late on 23 Dec.
    Ah, ok, it wasn’t them then. Just looked and it was 20th I had a call from the bank about a £400 trip on Pakistan railways…

Hack was on 23rd or hack was discovered on 23rd? Biiiiiiiig difference.

squirrelking
    Free Member

As does my independent garage.

Depends on the garage, I’ve had the exact same BS from the last independent dealer I bought a car from. In fact, I trust Bridgend a whole lot less than I trust Sharks. Shite garages and mechanics exist everywhere and so do the good ones, I’ve had good service from my local Kwik-Fit!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.