Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reccommend me a wheel(set)
  • keithb

My cross/road bike is in need of a new wheel fro the rear, as teh cup & cone factory wheel is knackered. Anyone got any suggestions?

Requirements are:
    -Standard QR axle
    -135mm OLN dimension
    -Disc brake compatible (pref. 6 bolt)
    -700c (not too fussed about width – currenltly running 35c tyres, but may drop to 28c for commute)
    -HG freehub, prefereably servicable, or readily replaceable
    – Cartridge Bearings in the HUb (C&C hubs don;t last/get maintained on my bikes).

So pretty much any old-school 29er MTB wheel, or a QR compatible wheel will do. I’ve been pleased with the simplicity and servicablility of a pari of Mavic Crossmax wheels on my 26er MTB I picked up recently, so would ideally like a Mavic wheel with teh samed (FTS-L) freehub design, but I’m not tied to that.

Budget – Lets see whats out there but it’s going on a £900 bike that will be used for commuting, so not some 2k carbon bling wheels..

The currentl wheel is a very traditional 32 spoke wheel – if someonw can suggest a reasonably proced 32H hub, I’d consider getting the rim built across, but I;m not sure that’s financially justifuable on a budget OEM wheelset.

Suggestions feom the Hive Mind please?

honourablegeorge

Mavic Allroad Disc can be had in six bolt for about two hundred euro, come with QR adapters and seem like great vakue

keithb

Bosch… And currently available from Probike Kit for £222…

Now what’s what I call good service, thanks honourablegeorge!

desperatebicycle

I have a Mavic Allroad disc on mine, commutes, gravel rides, done loads of miles and going well. (Just checked, bought in Oct ’19 for £130. Bargain!) Easy tubeless option, if thats your thing too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.