Home Forums Bike Forum Really budget bike bag

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Really budget bike bag
  • the_kenburg

I’m attempting to squeeze my Cotic Solaris max (and a load of other things) into our Audi A2 next week. It does fit with wheels off, but I thought it might be a good idea to get a budget bike bag to try and prevent drivetrain/upholstery incompatability scenarios. Have seen this on Amazon, and just wondered whether anyone has any experience of it (or similar). I really just need something to stop dirt and oil transferring from bike to car.

tomhoward

Would be a pain I the arse having to remove the bars and mech every time. If it’s just for keeping the car clean, mattress bag? Or a bike sock?

jordyboy
    Free Member

I’ve got something similar for the same reason and it works well.

I’ve never taken the mech or bars off, normally I just zip it up with the bars poking out (they aren’t the muddy bit).

jonba
    Free Member
    33tango

Tarpaulin might work just as well.

slowol

Old double duvet cover or sheet. If not one n the house try a charity shop. I’ve found an old sheet good for this job. When it gets clarty just bring it in the washer and it’s clean again with no hassle (note: the washer won’t remove enough stains that you’ll ever want it on your bed!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.