Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • (Real) Christmas Tree Prices, then.
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be dragged out, post morning ride, to buy one tomorrow afternoon by the missus and daughter. What’s the average price this year?
    Particularly looking around the North Leeds/Otley/Ilkley/Harrogate area(s)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

12 quid I think, I havent bought one though.

jonk

Free from the Ennerdale valley

nealglover
    Free Member

Saw a sign today when driving from Bramhope to Menston that said

“Christmas Trees – £16”

Didn’t see any trees though, so they could be table decorations for all I know.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got ours last weekend, I got a little carried away and ended up with one that is pushing 9ft. It did only cost £40 tho so not too bad.

warton
    Free Member

I got had today.

got a 6ft tree, very nice tree, from a local florists, which turns into a christmas tree shop in december. Got one last year for 35 quid, so got one a similar size this year without thinking. 50 quid…

warton
    Free Member

I got had today.

got a 6ft tree, very nice tree, from a local florists, which turns into a christmas tree shop in december. Got one last year for 35 quid, so got one a similar size this year without thinking. 50 quid…

bigG
    Free Member

Bought a 6ft lodge pole pine today for £27.50. Looks right lovely

LadyGresley
    Free Member

£40 for a 4′ tree in Chorlton – 😯
    A lot cheaper in B&Q I noticed – about £25 for a 6′, if I remember rightly. Edit – in fact I think that was for a pot-grown tree.

Harry_the_Spider

Just paid £42.99 for a 7 footer in Bury.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Woo-hoo. Got a small field full of 40-50+ footers.
    *I’m in the money*

andywoods
    Free Member

our 9ft cost £40 from guisbro forest, think prices started from £20 depends on type/size of tree

anonymouse
    Free Member

£30 for a 6.5 footer from St Gemma’s in leeds. Think it was only there today though.

doh
    Free Member

ikea where doing 5-6ft ones today for £25 but you got a £20 voucher back valid in jan.

boxfish
    Free Member

£25 for 7 ft of European Spruce from the scout troop up the hill

matt_outandabout

With so much forest round here, we ‘assist’ clearing the tracks or under powerlines that the trees will be cleared from anyway.
    Cost:

iain1775
    Free Member

£25 at ikea and you get a £20 voucher back to use in store, so effectively, assuming you buy 32.5 hotdogs the tree costs £5
    Rather give my money to the forestry commission though rather than a tax avoiding multinational so will be off to Cannock or sherwood pines, about £35 there I think

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Paid £28 for a 7 footer yesterday!

Grown in the New Forest, cut that day!

Been going to the same place for 40 years! I am 40 😳 Tradition?

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

****. I just got had. £49 for a 6.5 footer in west sussex.

Next year ill buy an economy ticket to norway and just cut my own bloody one down then sit on it and row it back to England.

BOLLLLOCKSKSKSKS!!!

RustySpanner

£39.99 for a fancy non-drop one with the roots still on – Burnley.
    About 6 foot.

pennine
    Free Member

Wife bought 7ft tree from local seller @ £40. He even carried it round to our house. Nice service 😀

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

£39.99 for a fancy non-drop one with the roots still on – Burnley.
    About 6 foot.

Ok maybe I didn’t get done that badly. Bought a fancy non drop one too, so I guess that makes quite a difference in price.

petrieboy

£41 for 6ft herts\cambs border. This thread makes me feel a lot better as I thought that was a bit spendy

Spud

Flip!! Ours was a tad more than that at the NT in the Peak District!! Still monies go to the NT.

Pieface

£21 for a 4ft Nordman Spruce (low / none drop) jobby from local Morrisons, that was with a £5 off voucher as we’d bought one last year,

timber

Giving them away here, it’s real guess work trying to pick the best ones when they’re 60 foot above you. Sitka spruce pretty cat-proof, grandis fir stinks and has sap strong enough to stand wherever you want it, larch is a bit bare and hemlock looks a bit rubbish.

brakes
    Free Member

£40 for a 6′ Nordman from my local greengrocer.
    has a circular block of wood stuck to the bottom to stand it up or to fit in your bucket.
    local garden shop wanted £55 for the same.

ski
    Free Member

Just curious how long do they take to grow to six feet?

I

porlus
    Free Member

Nordman pine, with roots. Approx 5 feet high and 4 feet at its widest. Lovely and green needles. £35 from deans garden centre in York.

Anthony
    Free Member

Ski; they grow about a foot a year.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cromford in Derbyshire. Rock up with your saw (as 10 of us did last weekend) have a good laugh clambering the hill side then eventually find “the one”
    Wield the saw, carry like a “man” on shoulder to other man who wraps it in that stuff and makes up a price, 12 quid for just over a 6 footer!

totalshell

6 footers from 20 to 80 depending on type of tree..needle retention etc etc.. a LOT quieter than last year in the garden centre.. good displays loads of chav lights loads

maccruiskeen

Just curious how long do they take to grow to six feet?

If you’re thinking about growing them… so did I. Then I discovered that it takes quite a bit of tending and trimming as they grow to get small trees to be regular and even and pointy and xmas tree shaped…. then decided not to bother.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just back from buying ours. £15 for a 6′ tree (will drop) from local chap who grows a few himself. He’s sold a couple of hundred in three days! Garden centre round the corner are charging £50 for a Norman fir.
    As we’ve got a spare 2 acre paddock that’s not doing anything Mrs SB and I have decided to plant a couple of hundred trees next year (and the year after that, and the year after that) – by the time they’re ready for selling a cheap tree will be £20.
    We’ll prob cut them to order so save waste.

ivantate
    Free Member

38.50 for a 7ft Nordman Fir here in Pontefract.

Good looking tree but i am sure 2 years ago a similar tree cost me 25 quid feom the same place. Wonder if it is worth playing chicken and leaving it pate to buy next time.

m0nster2
    Free Member

£4.50 – 5.25 per foot here, depending on type, and you get to pick it in the field.
    The kids love to have a go with a spade in the time it takes the guy from the shop to get there with his excavator thing.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘(Real) Christmas Tree Prices, then.’ is closed to new replies.