• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by joeyr.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Re-storing browser sessions after a re-boot (Win 10)
  • vlad_the_invader

I’m a very disorganized worker. I’ve currently got six different Chrome windows open, several of which have 40+ tabs open PLUS I have a few Firefox and Edge windows open.
    At least Firefox and Edge allow the sessions to be re-started (almost one-click) after a re-boot.

Anyone know of a good plugin or similar which would allow Chrome to be re-stored as quickly?

In fact, is there something to automatically re-store other programs as well (eg Outlook and Office apps/files)?

scotroutes

It’s right in the Chrome settings.

sirromj

Embrace a clean start.

vlad_the_invader

Ah, the “On startup” presumably. Will try that as mine was set to “Open new tab”…

nixie

Chrome can do it already. It’s in the history but not obvious. Something like ‘recently closed X tabs ‘. Click it and it opens the previous session.

vlad_the_invader

Chrome can do it already. It’s in the history but not obvious. Something like ‘recently closed X tabs ‘. Click it and it opens the previous session.

Yeah, that’s what I use now but when you’ve previously had multiple windows open, you have to do it multiple times and I often have many many windows/tabs open!

joeyr
    Free Member

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/copy-all-urls/djdmadneanknadilpjiknlnanaolmbfk?hl=en – Copy (and paste) any currently open tabs. Easy way to save what’s open, and reopen them if necessary.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/copy-all-tab-urls-we/ – Doesn’t have the paste function, but will copy all open URLs.

Just use these and save the open URLs in a text file.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.