Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Re-gluing tubeless value rubber possible?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

As title, what is the best way to re-attach the rubber on the bottom of the valve stem other than buying new valves?
    I have used PTFE tape before (which worked), but rubber has now come away totally.
    £20 for a new set of valves but if I can make this work, saves the pocket and planet.

Ells

escrs
    Free Member

As already said just buy new ones, there are plenty out there for under £10 for two valves

All the £20 ones like Muc off etc.. are no different, just some small graphics and a big mark up beacuse they are Muc off branded

I run some £8 ones from Amazon (Nutrack brand irrc) have them 4 different bikes (2 road and 2 mtb) never had any issues with them

oreetmon
    Free Member

I’ve used bathroom silicone sealant to make a presta valve fit a Schrader hole, worked well.

dc1988

Some valves have separate rubber bits so in future you don’t have to replace the whole lot

zerocool

If you want to save yourself £5 then just cut the valves off of an old tube and use then. Will silicon sealant work for you? Of loads of PTFE tape?

wheelsonfire1

@BigEls Drop me a direct message with your address and I’ll put a pair of valves in the post to you. Not helping the planet much sitting on my shelves, just over 40mm ok or longer? I’m still a passionate tube user and too old to change now!

shermer75
    Free Member

As above I’ve stopped buying the valves and started using ones I’ve cut out of inner tubes instead

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Re-gluing tubeless value rubber possible?’ is closed to new replies.