Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RCD being tripped by integrated washer dryer : ideas ?
  • iainc

Have isolated the issue and it’s definitely the washer dryer, which is hard wired. As soon as I switch it back on it trips the circuits. So we have electrical wiring cover through Homecare, and have booked them in for earliest appointment which is next Thursday. I don’t know if issue is wiring or the washer dryer itself, though expect when an electrician has a poke around he will know. I need to know that first incase it’s a simple fix, rather than a new washer dryer. Any simple things I could check ? I have not a lot of electric knowledge !

nickjb
    Free Member

When you say hard wired do mean it has a flex lead that is wired into an outlet plate? You could disconnect it and put a plug on it then plug it into a different circuit (eg upstairs socket with an extension lead). Likely to be the machine though.

iainc

Thanks, yes, outlet plate. Good idea though will be a right PITA to get machine out and access the wiring. Think will wait for the professionals.

dirkpitt74

Can you take the outlet plate off and see if the terminals are corroded or lose?

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’ve had an integrated washer dryer, they get v hot and burn out motors. Mine was supposed to be rested for four hrs between each full wash dry cycle, otherwise the motor didn’t last long…. So check the motor, look for scored , ticking or burnt contacts where the brushes go.

iainc

Outlet plate looks fine. Wife thinks it may have a 5 yr warranty (it’s just over 2 yrs old) so is calling them today. Here’s hoping !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RCD being tripped by integrated washer dryer : ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.