Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Rarest bike you've owned?
  • kiwijohn

US made Salsa Ala Carte from about 95. Rolling collection of retroness now.
    95 DBR Axis TT. Still used as my summer race bike.
    SB66.

turboferret

Another Tinbred here, didn’t realise they were so rare. Rode one at Red Bull MM for a few minutes years ago, bought a frame 2nd hand from a guy on here about 7 years ago, love it 🙂

Cheers, Rich

gee
    Free Member

I have a Selma too 🙂

Titus HCR ’04 – still built up and gets ridden every now and again. Apparently only 3 were brought into the UK.

GB

manitou
    Free Member

I had a Marin Pine Mountain with a Browning Head tube shock..a bit like a cannondale. I also had a Manitou HT.

BenjiM

2007 Viper’s Concept RC1.0. Still riding it today when I get the chance. Great bike.

hora
    Free Member

1930’s Raleigh sport

vinnyeh

P-X Compo. Not sure how many were made.
    Or a Fisher CR-7, early rigid one, though they were probably made in their thousands.

salsa
    Free Member

1990 salsa brought in from the states
    An early Marin Pine Mountain that had front and rear Manitous as suspension
    Soulcraft

titusrider
    Free Member

Titus racer x in 2003 before they really had much of a UK presence, I did see one out on the trails around that time too though!

jedi

i still have my 650c litespeed blade with bladed chainstays the lot 🙂

shmoo
    Free Member

I had a Boulder Gazelle which I’d fitted Manitou EFC forks to.

Always regret selling it

Still got my 1995 Rocky Mountain Equipe – still my favourite bike that Ive owned

shortcut

Not seen much in this list that really impresses me aside for that Manitou – which is a bit special.

The rarest I have has is a Cougar custom built road frame built by Terry Dolan but there are lots of those or just one depending on how you look at it!

joeegg
    Free Member

An Orange full suspension prototype of which only 2 were produced.
    Meant to supercede the 5 but never put into production.
    Great bike but the frame cracked after 18 months and it wasn’t viable to repair.

flange
    Free Member

TomHoward is indeed correct – yes I bought that IT1 and no, I haven’t seen it yet. My brother assures me its ace though.

I had a prototype Orange 222 with QR back end – can’t imagine there were many of them about. Also had what I was told was a prototype on-one gimp trials frame, probably my most favourite bike ever was that. Christ knows why I sold it

crazy-legs

I owned a Specialized S-Works Team Edition M2 hardtail frame, with Carbon Fibre S-Works Judy’s, exactly the same frame and forks ridden by Jason McRoy in DIRT.

You could actually buy them but they were rare as hen’s teeth. A mate had one, he got the frame through a sponsorship deal that our cycle club had with Evans Cycles.
    He had it years, eventually he got the carbon Judys completely rebuilt with Air Englund cartidges to replace the knackered internals.

The bike got nicked a few years later. 🙁 Real shame, it would have been worth a fortune to a collector.

I’ve got a Saracen Kili Ultra titanium from 1997. Only ever seen one other, that was owned by Mike ‘Jesus Jones’ Edwards. 🙂 Seeing as I’d never seen another Ti Saracen, having two in the same race was a bit of a coincidence!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Not too many of these old girls around now I suppose. Still rides great even by modern standards.

1988 Wicked Fat Chance…

…recently bought from theredchili 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

XL Cotic Soul, I don’t think Cy made many of them. Sold it on here to someone.

theredchili
    Free Member

Not too many of these old girls around now I suppose. Still rides great even by modern standards.

1988 Wicked Fat Chance..

Looking good, great picture

fenboy

1999 Spooky Pitboss
    Easton Rad tubing, Frank the Welder made it. snapped at the chainstay hayes brake mount and still in my shed!

mangoridebike

Dialled Bikes Morning Glory

Ti predecessor to the Prince Albert, I think 20 Mediums and 20 Larges were made.

Is the Ti Alpine ever going to be made?

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Had a Scapin Nope VD6 – steel and carbon fibre hardtail. Was a thing of beauty until i stacked it and smashed up the downtube on some pointy rocks

Still got it in the garage, its too pretty to scrap

campfreddie
    Free Member

Dirtworks Monster with Hannebrink UD forks

toons
    Free Member
    neilforrow

and

soma_rich
    Free Member

1998 Muddy Fox Aly Sport seen 1 other
    2000 Muddy fox Alu Team never seen another
    2010 Proflex 768 seen a couple

shandcycles
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Gemini Tandem

ska-49
    Free Member

Kingdom Foia v2 and just sold a custom built descendence FS.

LoCo
    Free Member

Specialized FSR with a twin pivot horst backend and a collar mounted shock, only seen one other one years ago.

ChrisA
    Free Member

I owned a Specialized S-Works Team Edition M2 hardtail frame, with Carbon Fibre S-Works Judy’s, exactly the same frame and forks ridden by Jason McRoy in DIRT.

I actually still have one, it’s built up for my other half at the moment but she never uses it.

I’ve also still got my pace rc300 with the carbon seat tube.

Apart from that, I’ve had turners and currently an s-works epic with full xo and Chris king. Think it might be destined to be swapped shortly for a yeti though.

Roadbike wise, I’ve still got a Merlin ti & litespeed ti but they might both be sold to fund an enigma

IA

Spooky DNA. Same as a Sinister DNA, made by Frank the welder, but one of very few made whilst he was still at spooky.

Sadly stolen by some scrote in York. If you ever see a black one anywhere… 🙁

nedrapier

I’m guessing Peugeot punted out more Tim Gould replicas in 1993 than Dekerf made Generations in 1999.

My Generation is soon to be a one of a kind Dekerf/Roberts/Yates collabo, though.

I flared the headtube years ago after too many endos and stoppies, and it went to Roberts to fill and reinforce the headtube and a respray. (neither of which were particularly clever jobs, tbh)

When the 853 PAs land and I’ve swapped the bits over, it’s going to Yates for a disc mount and associated tidying and another respray.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

a Greg Fuquay , which I should ‘never’ have let go
    Kona King Kahunna, owned for years, juts fancied something else, but should have kept it.
    also my Pipedream Modro Ti singlespeed, which I will never let go. Ridden twice on it this week.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m currently riding a Chromag Samurai, I’ve not come across another for a while 🙂

HansRey

I’ve got one of these. I’m not the real HR though.

franki
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Cove Stiffee 69er.
    Stiffees obviously aren’t rare, but this is no.26 of only 69 complete bikes made.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

1987 Cannondale SM1000, flouro-tastic bike with roller cams and 15spd Suntour first generation index gears, highest BB on a bike I’ve ever ridden, it was like riding a circus bike.

Custom Fuquay built for me, Greg fillet brazed all of his frames and I had TIG welded one, lovely bike, sold for a pittance to my brother to buy school uniforms and shoes when I was skint, bought it back eventually but sold it on.

Pre-Trek Klein Adroit in a lovely candy red, rigid Klein forks and MC2 bar stem combo so a fairly early one. Very quick, sold to finance another bike but the one I’ve always wished I’d kept.

CW Pistol Pete race BMX, bought off my brother who raced for them in the day, still as was then but a bit rustier.

singlespeedstu

I have the original prototype Jones spaceframe that was built by Merlin for Mr Jones.

I also have a prototype Singular Gryphon.

iamtheresurrection

Mantis Flying V.

Sold it for an AMP B4, but decided on something else instead (can’t remember what, a Mountain Cycle Moho I think).

Really wanted the Boulder Gazelle though, in that red. Lovely looking thing…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

haro mx2

or a mk2 santa cruz super 8

ski
    Free Member

Do we have a winner yet? Not that its a race or anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Rarest bike you've owned?’ is closed to new replies.