Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • Rarest bike you've owned?
  • nickf
    Free Member

Endorfin VP-4 R SL – Rohloff full-suspension bike.

Fewer than 5 in the UK, I understand.

flange
    Free Member

Oooohh I had a Fuquay. Swapped a complete bike for a Heavy tools jump frame….it actually makes me well up thinking about it 😥

xander
    Free Member

Dekerf Elysium Ti is my only MTB now. Never seen another one.

frank4short
    Free Member

I had a 1992 Bridgestone MB-2

singletrackmind

Proflex 752 . With the elastomer mcu bungs for suspension .
    Proflex OZ . 1999 carbon fs .

starrman82
    Free Member

I have a DEAN Airmet steel frame brought over from Canada. thinking of selling it though as it never gets rddden these days, would make a lovely SS.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I suppose this wouldn’t be that rare but I have never seen another in the flesh

I never really rode it though, went to a collector.

I have some strange bikes still & the rarest has to be a Pipedream Cirus tripple butted Ti frame that was an ex demo, currently built as a single speed that I never use.
    I also have an original scandium scandal 29er, that i never use.
    A old round tube Stiffee, that I never use
    A Raleigh Burner pro reproduction BMX, one of the original proper LTD edition ones, that I have never used
    An Azonic propulsionframe which I have used to near death, I love that frame.

I still don’t ride it much, which is a kind of the theme for my life at the moment 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Remember the rules folks, production bikes only please!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

What do you mean? all mine were production frames, are you referring to the Pipedream?

Saccades
    Free Member

ebb variant on one 456. 1/2.

sofaking
    Free Member

two phil wood piss off’s, still got one of them

velocipede
    Free Member

Surely singlespeedstu must win!!!

😀

enfht
    Free Member

I had one of these (not the one in the picure) 1983 Ammaco Mongoose Chromoly

Was actually lost in a shed fire! 😥

Andy-R

1988 Kona Explosif (Pistachio with yellow spatter). Not exactly rare, I know, but it was the first Kona around these parts and, as far as I know, still the only ’88 Explosif.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

“Breezer #2,” shown here in 1978. Ten made. “Breezer #4” recently sold for $26,000 (US) to a collector in New Zealand. This one resides at the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame.

“Breezer #1” is now in the collection of the Smithsonian Museum in Washington,DC.

Damn, sandbagged the thread. Again.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I had the last ever pace rc300 19″ made, it sadly died 🙁

Bruce

Kona Hei Hei nicked in from the car in the Peak District (my favorite bike up to now)

Ti Bontrager frame cracked (my second favoutite bike up to now)

shaighway
    Free Member

Yeti SB66 Carbon – I reckon there are only 5 or 6 in the world right now rather than the 100s they were hoping for. I recognise that I’m cheating but I’ll own one, once Yeti get their quality issues sorted out (My rumour, no-one else’s) and deliver one to me

rockitman
    Free Member

XL Orange 225. One of only a handful ever produced in this size.

TiRed

My Merlin Cyrene. Never seen another, but did once see a Cielo on the road.
    My Airnimal Rhino. Someone else must own one, but I never see them.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I owned an early version of one of these many moons ago.

Loyalty to my Michigan roots over-ruled my usual “give it a test ride first” head and I brought one, untried. Silly mistake to make, just didn’t feel right at all.

I don’t have any photos I can post unfortunately. I have some 35mm shots of it but don’t have a scanner at the moment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Repack Rider – Member

“Breezer #2,”…

“Breezer #1”

Sorry, not really qualifying for this thread, no sandbagging this time.

frank4short
    Free Member

There also seems to be a large proliferation of well I had this bike in the 80/90/00’s and I never saw another one where i live so it’s got to be rare. How many Dekerfs, Paces and Proflexes have all ready been mentioned? Let alone short run regular bikes in odd sizes that were never reproduced in great numbers cause they didn’t sell. Only reason I mentioned my old trusty was cause I bought it in the US back in the mid 90’s and as far as I know they never sold them in Europe.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Here here frank, that’s the danger of the internet tho.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I don’t care if the Breezer’s dinnae qualify. I’m blown away so I’ll just …erm.. head off to the next thread as RR has blown it all apart!

Euro
    Free Member

Brian Blyther’s old 1988 Haro Sport.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

One of my friends has owned this since new, I think only a few hundred were made and most went to pro riders.

jp-t853

A 1989 ms racing which I have owned since 1993

redthunder
    Free Member

My BSO. Great for the pub and around the shops 🙂

BSO by SGMTB, on Flickr

Dekerfer
    Free Member

Dekerf Phenomenon. You really don’t see many of them.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Had a few retro projects

Nos vitus road frame never been used and nothing to do with crc
    Alpine stars e stay bike but only the cro mo one

But only one I got from new is an orange vit-t re issue from 2008 never seen another
    But the others must be out there somwhere

sa9000
    Free Member

Early 90s Zinn with Pace hubs, Campag transmission, rs forks can’t remember which ones. Still have the Zinn forks shame they are not attached to rest of the bike!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

CK did you audition for the lion in the Wizard of Oz?

Nowt that rare in my ownership, but I’d sacrifice a kidney for a Cunningham.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve always had pretty common bikes. I guess my current bmx comes closest as it’s a limited edition version of the Sunday Trail Scout – I have the Catty Scout version.

sam42
    Free Member

Oh I’d love a Fat Chance… I do own a Pashley TV series 26mhz dirt jump/dual slalom frame, never ever seen another and struggled to get any info on them even, so of anyone could clue me in? snapped chainstay driveside unfortunately….

v10
    Free Member

Had a few over the years:

Turner Rail which was pretty rare, also had one of a handful of Team Turner Maxxis 4x race bikes which was an absolute dream to ride, was basically a chopped up modified HL Flux.

Foes ZigZag Hardtail was certainly interesting looking and never seen many others about!

Also had 2x PDC’s – Dh-One and a 825. Dh-one was ahead of its time really in terms of BB height and HA!

Guess the rarest was probably my Intense Socom though, was done as a one off by Intense with a water transfer wrap digital camo finish. Was stunning in the flesh!

willej

I once had a limited edition Scott Endorphin, number 112 of 200. It was just an Endorphin in a really gopping “colour scheme”. Miss it though, one of my favourite bikes. No pics of it built up but here’s the frame:

en03 by will jenkins, on Flickr

Not as rare as my current bike though, this one is unique, as far as I know.
    “Project Prolapsed Disc”: The only red anodised Marin Rift Zone?

IMAG0164-1 by will jenkins, on Flickr

dekadanse
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to have a Setavento ti hardtail. Firm has gone bust now, but I understand they taylor-made bikes to order. I’m lucky that mine fits me. I’ve had it for 2 years and will probably never sell it. Beautiful ride, with all the ti virtues (and so far, none of the vices.)

Edric64
    Free Member

I still own an Overburys Fellrider and also own a Longstaff tandem trike with a 27 inch frame for the pilot ,now that must be rare

orangeboy
    Free Member

Always wanted one of those longstaff trikes

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Rarest bike you've owned?’ is closed to new replies.