Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Randomness….Help me choose a bed!!!
  • DrP

I’m moderately ashamed to admit it, but for the last (erm, probably..) 8 months or so I’ve just had my mattress on the floor of my bedroom 😀
    Hey… I moved out the family home, and had bigger fish to fry like getting the kid’s bunks up and sorting their room!

But I guess the ‘squat chic’ look is wearing now, so after a decent king bed!

I was going to go for a simple oak frame design, but then Ottoman caught my eye… I like the storage Idea as currently my flat is pretty small…

There seems to be loads of companies online, with solid oak ottomans ranging from £350 to £1000+…

I’d rather get something decent the first time..so anyone any experience or recently purchased an oak ottoman, and could make some suggestions of brands/companies to look for/avoid??

Ta!

DrP

perchypanther
    Free Member

DrP

I’ll steal one from a patient I guess….

DrP

perchypanther
    Free Member

The chicks would dig it.

You could wear a white coat and everything…

DezB
    Free Member

Henley Adjustable TV Bed

No need to thank me

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just go to IKEA. Be there for opening and not on a weekend.

avdave2

Just go to IKEA. Be there for opening and not on a weekend

But where does he sleep at the weekend and I really wouldn’t sleep well with all those people wandering past me, bit unnerving

Marin
    Free Member

Currently going to make one out of pallets. If it turns out rubbish it’ll go into the log burner.

oldtennisshoes

Local bed shop here with ottomans on display.
    We went for a divan type – no frame to build as they are a ball ache to put together apparently.
    Seems ok so far – £900 including decent 2000 pocket & memory foam topped mattress.

TiRed

Divan with drawers. Extra usable space and ideal for smaller rooms. Our original divan has had three mattresses. But the draws hold bedding, towels and out of season clothes.

Forget boxes under the bed, flippable ottomans. Just. Get some drawers.

DrP

Cheers all… Got a nice mattress, so just a king frame needed.. Will pop to local shop to look at divan..

DrP

oldtennisshoes

We went from drawers to an ottoman – more usable space and not blocked by bedside cabinets.

jimdubleyou

Lifting Divan is what you want, much more space than drawers.

petec
    Free Member

@drp these people make the most amazing beds

http://www.alphabeds.co.uk/

they’ll make what you want, in a variety of wood, in a size to suit you, at a price a lot cheaper than the shops.

we’ve had our beech one 20 years, and it’s still rock solid. Can’t recommend them enough

footflaps

Ours is a King-size Habitat Radius oak bed frame, solid Oak frame with beech sprung slats for the mattress support.

https://www.habitat.co.uk/radius-oak-kingsize-bed-150cm-777863

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Randomness….Help me choose a bed!!!’ is closed to new replies.